Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hi

I am not sure anyone noticed that i was gone but i am back. lol.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i noticed........you know you're gonna have to do better than that, right?
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL ... Chris!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was admitted to the hospital saturday for a bowel infection as well as a blood infection-dont know the name but i do know it is not sepsis. I was on ice chips for 3 days and then some liquids and then some standard crapy hospital foods and alot of drugs. I am still on alot of antibiotics but they are oral now not iv. I hope to learn more on how to prevent the bowel infection from occuring again as the hospital told me NOTHING and I know there is alot that can be done. Oh and yeah me i get to have a colonoscopy soon to as aparently I am too young to get this and of course i got it in an unexpected location-aparently it mostly hapens on the left side and i was sick on the right. I was in so much pain when admitted that they were ready to remove my apendix. It was slightly confusing for them as before they knew the results of the blood cultures the symptoms of the blood infection that would have killed me outweighed the other problem.

another weird thing...this was my first time at this hospital and they put men and women in rooms together here. It was uncomfortable at first but once you get used to it it was kinda cool. I grew to love the old men to pieces with their stories and they seemed to take quite a liking to me. also, I think men have some pride thing going on because when they were asked to rate their pain from one to ten the men always seem to say btwn 0 and 4 even when they are clearly in bad pain-i was on the spinal surgery floor-and the women always say btwn 7 to 15 lol. true story.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you're doing better, Leigh. I wouldn't like the co-ed hospital rooms. (And being a nun would actually have to protest that) I bet the women inflate their pain scores because they think they won't be take seriously if they say it's a 5. Just a hunch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THey would probably put you in your own room or semi private room id think. I dont know that i liked it as much as it was very interesting. I was thinking men have to much pride to admit it hurts but maybe its the women inflating. Maybe I should go back and find out more info. lol. ok no. the food sucks.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You were missed! Glad you're home. I was sure Wegener's granny had your toes
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, about your intestines being infected. Glad your out of the hospital!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a barrel of monkeys Leigh . Glad you're home now and the pain is gone and I'm sorry you don't get to hang out with the old dudes. I think I'd like that too actually. I find perspectives on life are quite different and I like to experience/hear both sides. As long as they have hearing problems like me though, that way I wouldn't be afraid to sleep at night and accidentally pass gass. Take care and stay away from those evil bacteria.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a sweet avatar, Marta!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast