Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default saddle nose

Has anyone had surgery to fix the saddle nose? My doctor said that I can have it done after I am in a strong remission for three months. I know it may be a long wait from now but let me tell you I want to look and see the old me. I was wondering if it is worth the surgery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mama, if you can breath through your nose without too much problem then I would not have any surgery done to fix the saddle nose. I have seen 7 different ENTs over the years and they all told me not to have it done if I can breath through my nose OK because the surgery itself could easily trigger the Wegs to come back.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, I can breathe sometimes. they said they can't fix the damage inside but can on the outside. I hate my nose but don't wanna flare anything either thanks for your advise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are most welcome. I just don't like to see people get unneccessary sugery done if they don't need it, especially in our cases when it can cause a flare.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey mama2005 i have the same dilema.

I cant stand looking at my nose in the mirror or reflected in shop windows, i dont like photos being taken either.

I could have surgery too, and for me i think looking like my old self again is the biggest bonus. Yes, i can breathe through the saddling but i also have a spetal perforation.

Its like cutting your nose off to spite your face. You have to way up the risks and benefits for yourself. I had 2 nose biopsies. After the second i woke up hysterically crying cos i just dont like the ordeal of being put asleep and have someone fiddle about with you nose. That said, i dont wanna walk around for the rest of my life looking like i do now either! It definately impacts my self confidence.

When i am stable and in remission long enough then my ENT will talk to me about my options. Right now he wont even think about it.

Only worry for me is, after its fixed and looking normal again - it could saddle and collapse again.

Good luck with whatever you choose Mama.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the perferation also and I do truely hate the way I look. I have not had a picture taken of me for two years because I hate that I have no bridge of a nose. I am not in remission so I have tme to think but I also don't think I wanna chance losing remission.