Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hair has gone frizzy!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hair has gone frizzy!!!!!

Jolanta, I was interested to read that your hair has gone wavy. Mine has gone frizzy. It looks like someone has plugged me into a power point. I'm on cyclophosamide, Imuran, antibiotics, fosamax (AA) and Prednisilone so I presume it's one of the drugs that's doing it. How are other ladies finding their hair? Mines long but I may get it cut short. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came off cyclophosphamide at the beginning of January and switched to azathioprine/Imuran. I've lost quite a lot of hair so it generally looks quite thin on top but don't have any bald patches.
    My hair just looks thin and lank, it's lost it's shiny sheen and doesn't feel as soft as it used to.
    Still as straight as it's ever been though!
    I'm hoping now it's pretty much stopped falling out it will start growing back, I haven't had it cut for months because I didn't want to scare my hairdresser when it was falling out so it's got quite long.
    I now want to have it cut so it looks a bit thicker without losing too much length as I want it long for my wedding next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Jolanta, I was interested to read that your hair has gone wavy. Mine has gone frizzy. It looks like someone has plugged me into a power point. I'm on cyclophosamide, Imuran, antibiotics, fosamax (AA) and Prednisilone so I presume it's one of the drugs that's doing it. How are other ladies finding their hair? Mines long but I may get it cut short. Carol
    I'm not one of the ladies just happen to be male and had noticed that my hair has become wavey. Didn't think about it to much until my wife mentioned it to me and I read this thread. I was on cytoxan far 10 months and now I'm on Imuran along with prednisone and antibotics. Strange is'nt it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's to be expected with chemo. It affects fast-growing cells the most (which is why we lose hair on it). Most people's hair is wavier or curly after chemo. I don't know if it's permanent, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Heh...my hair (well, what remained of my hair) was really nice during chemo. Soft and wavy and ready for a shampoo commerical Pity I could count them on my head
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey!i also had cyclophosphamide infusions.now I am on cellcept for some months.my hair were straight but now they have become wavy,a little curly and very FRIZZY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi saadia and welcome.the one thing i've not had a problem with since the onset of wg and cancer is my hair.i had none before it all started and i've got none now.
    john
    Last edited by crackers; 02-15-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default wavy hair

Hi, its seems to affect ust two ways, lose it or curl. I'm lucky and have a curl. Its still thick, but not as mucha s before. It too has a bit of of frizz but is still shiny and healthy. Hard to believe I have all this toxicity in my body. It is the chemo thats doing it. Prednisone has made y skin looks nice. I used to break out in hives all the time, now never and my skin is nice and smooth. I get all the perks
    Jolanta