0 Thread(s)

A good sense of humour is invaluable and a great trait in a person

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I'm much more serious in this group than I am in real life.
    I get your humor though. I even hear a voice when i read your posts.

In my head you are a little sarcastic.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL In my head I'm a lot sarcastic! I have a dry sense of humor but am often just downright silly. The other day at our temple someone brought some small pickling cucumbers. They were very funny looking and I did a little pickle puppet show complete with individual voices, etc.... I got some stares and some laughs. I had a good time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let,s see what type of sense of humour members have.

Here in Ireland we moan about the weather all the time however if we did not have the weather to moan about , we would be miserable. Anybody get the humour in this??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sense of humour is drying up. I think it is mostly due to the fact I don't have night sweats any more. I may have to find a way to moisten up this sense some how. Any tips?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I know of 2 other Weggies that live very close to me. One is doing quite fine and the other not so great. Both are members on the Forum.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    My sense of humour is drying up. I think it is mostly due to the fact I don't have night sweats any more. I may have to find a way to moisten up this sense some how. Any tips?
    A humidfier or a hot steam bath.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I'm much more serious in this group than I am in real life.
    I for one am glad for your serious side. I look to you sometimes for info that I otherwise would miss out on. I joined from the start of this disease. I was constantly on the internet looking for info and trying to understand what was going on with my body. First I joined up with the Vasculitis Foundation, talked to several people there and emailed the local contact and in the first issue I received from V.F. I emailed someone in there who told me about this forum and the rest is history. I'm guilty too of not participating often enough but there is very seldom a day goes by that I don't check in on what people are talking about. Knowledge is power and some days I need all the power I can get. LOL. I love everyone of you and even if you don't hear from me, you can be sure I'm listening to what you are saying. Thank you for all the help I get from here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Happy Birthday to you, Terri! I hope you had a great one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree wholeheartedly with everything above. When I was first diagnosed I looked through the internet and the stuff I saw throughout was horrifying. The Facebook pages on WG were the most depressing thing I had ever seen (they've changed for the better a little but nothing what we have here), other sites and chat rooms and forums were confusing and scarry. I tried getting some answers from the Canadian Vasculitis Organization, but that failed flat on its face. When I found this group it was almost like I could hear the choir of angels singing in the background (you know what I mean - not a religious comment ). The information and support I have gotten from all of you on here has empowered me to stand up for myself and speak up when I have felt like I'm not getting the treatment I need/deserve. I have learned to ask the right questions, and to be a fully active participant in my healing proccess. I have felt unconditional support and empathy from this amazing group of individuals and I thank my lucky stars every day for having found you all.

When I feel better, I tend to not be on here as much (I don't post as much, but you'd be amazed at the 'drive by' reading I do while I'm cooking or cleaning or getting Hana ready for nursery school) but that's not because I don't care and have moved on but because I actually have enough energy to be doing stuff that I've neglected for a very long time in my house and life and I'm not stuck in semi-horizontal position with a compuer by my side. I think about you all a lot. A LOT! And I have benefited from the negatives - learning from mistakes of doctors and systems and how to avoid them happening to me, and from the positives in giving me the hope that one day I can get past this and look back at it as just another blip in my life. So yes I want to hear it all, the good the bad and the ugly (or snotty as I posted before).

Katarzena, I am so thoroughly happy for you. You and I are of a similar mind (must be that Balkan air) and I hope to be one day where you are today. On that note, I think you should write your story for our book of Wegener's Stories, because as you know there isn't very much out there on paper about this nasty disease and my thought was that we should have a book available to the newly diagnosed to show them that there is light at the end of the tunnel and you wont die after 8 months like you see on the internet when you first search out those words "Wegene'rs Granulomatosis". So if you (or anyone else who I haven't spoken to about this) are interested please send me a personal message with your email address and I'll send you the information. The more stories we have in the book the better it will be for people just starting this journey.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast