Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Rituximab Round Four

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep good tonight Sangye. Hoping tomorrow you will be able to stand without shaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad you're finally finished with the rtx treatments.
    I hope the down time will be shorter than you expect. You deserve a much needed break!
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks you guys

Santo, Texas (60 miles west of Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just talked to Dr Villa Forte at the Cleveland Clinic. She is going to start me on Imuran now that my two Rituximab infusions are completed. I will be taking 150 mg per day in three tablets. I may be taking Imuran for several months. I get to continue tapering off the steroids, too, but very slowly. I have had to stop taking them all in the morning. Once I got the dose below 15 mg/day, I was running out of gas during the night and having a rough morning until the new daily dose kicked in. Now I take some at breakfast as usual and the rest of the daily dose in the evening. I'm down to 12.5 mg/day and will go to 10 next Sat. These last two days I have had more energy than I've had in several months. I hope this means I've turned a corner on my recovery, but I'm afraid to celebrate yet. I can finally start walking again if this energy boost continues. My legs aren't as shaky now and I'm not as short of breath as I've been. I still have other problems to deal with--like the blood clot and the swallowing problem and a nodule in my right lung, but I may be seeing some real progress for the first time since January when I was first diagnosed.
    J. Mike Milliorn, Santo Texas
    Diagnosed Jan. 2011
    at the Cleveland Clinic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great news, Mike! I bet your adrenals were just not getting what they needed for part of the day and it was manifesting as fatigue and shakiness. Very common. Remember that feeling, because it will be a useful indicator as you taper the pred, warning you when you've tapered too fast. Even though it's fresh in your mind right now, I suggest you write it down and describe it well. You wouldn't believe how much you start to forget as the months go by.

The blood clot and the nodule will take care of themselves with the drugs you're on. I hope you feel better every day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations!
    Experience is the only way to survive. <3 Rini Orange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be seeing some real progress for the first time since January when I was first diagnosed.
    Lets hope this trend continues! Nothing quite as good as being able to get around!

I was really hurting this morning and ended up sleeping half the morning away. Feeling pretty good now, tho.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

J.Million, how often do you go to cleveland clinic? I had a lung nodule taken out, they werent sure if it was cancer or wgs. The whole time I knee it was wegs. How was it confirmed that it was a wegs lung nodule?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be wrong, but I think they biopsy the tissue and look for granulomas. That is what they did with my pit and, among other things, that is what led them to the dx of WG -- they found granulomas.... I don't have the original dx letter with me, but I'm 99% sure that was the case.....

Santo, Texas (60 miles west of Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E., I went in Jan to get diagnosed. Great trip. I went back in early April for a checkup, and then I went again the end of April when I had a toxic reaction to Methotrexate. That trip was unscheduled. Now that I've taken Rituximab, Dr. Villa Forte wants to see me again in August before she puts me on Azathoprine. It isn't on a regular basis, but I think she wants to see me a couple times a year at least until I go into remission (if I ever do) I have enough Aadvantage mileage that it is no problem money-wise. It is only a two hour flight for me. The care there is so much better than anywhere else, I don't mind going there.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    J.Million, how often do you go to cleveland clinic? I had a lung nodule taken out, they werent sure if it was cancer or wgs. The whole time I knee it was wegs. How was it confirmed that it was a wegs lung nodule?
    J. Mike Milliorn, Santo Texas
    Diagnosed Jan. 2011
    at the Cleveland Clinic

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910