Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some recipes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need some recipes

Since the rtx knocks me pretty flat for 6 weeks I'm gonna try to cook a few meals ahead of time and freeze them. Does anyone have any healthy recipes for easy-to-prepare meals? My energy is very low so I can't do anything too complicated.

I'm already making stuffed peppers and tomatoes. I love cabbage rolls, but it's too much work so I have an idea to make "open" cabbage rolls--layers of cabbage leaves with meat, rice and tomatoes in between. Sort of like a cabbage roll lasagna. I think it might work okay.

I usually don't cook by recipes, so even if you just have a general idea of a dish hopefully I can figure out how to make it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you use the funny looking crinkly cabbage you can make cabbage rolls without much effort but the cabbage roll lasagna will work.

you can also mix cottage and ricotta cheese together with some garlic and herbs etc and roll those up in some lasagna noodles or pasta shells and then dump a can of sauce on top

stewing beef, can of mushroom soup, onion soup mix and a can of mushrooms cooked in a slow cooker or slowly cooked in the oven is simple. put it on rice or mashed potatoes or even pasta.

fried ground beef and a can of tomotoes can of beef broth with some frozen veggies and herbs makes a tasty soup

i have more if you need

good luck
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take some time and roll some ground beef or turkey etc up and make a bunch of meatballs. you can freeze them in many bags and make pasta, soup or even just meatballs and mashed potatoes etc. you can not screw up meatballs trust me ive tried and you can make them sitting down the entire time. while watching tv even.

my mother in law makes a meat loaf and then she cuts it into individual servings and then reheats when needed.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i will stop now.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you a vegetarian Sangye? the answer to that will guide my next post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good question. no meatballs if you are vegitarian. lol
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, I'm not a vegetarian. I was one for a long time though.

I should also mention that my food preparation space is the size of a shoebox. I don't have a kitchen table or anywhere else to prepare food. That's why steaming and rolling cabbage is not easy. I wish I had more space for food prep--it can get really frustrating making a simple meal!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Bulgaria, where we love our cabbage rolls, we have what we call "lazy cabage rolls" which is all the ingredients of the cabbage rolls without any layering or rolling, just throw it all in a pot and let it cook (cut the cabage into significant chunks so that you can taste it) and voila... it tastes the same, goes down the same, just not as much work. I also do lasagna's in bulk when I want to freeze a bunch of stuff. I sneak in a bunch of healthy stuff into the meat mixture (minced broccoli, mushrooms, carrots) and a layer of spinach and cottage cheese. I find that making one lasagna is a bit of a chore but making 6 little ones isn't any bigger of a chore, and then you have your own lasagna when you want it - oh yeah, I use ground turkey for that extra little health benefit. Shepherds pie is a good one to make a bunch and freeze them. Mash the potatoes, fry up your ground meat (whatever you choose) and frozen corn - I just fry it up in a little bit of butter with a tiny little bit of salt (or not if you're on high dose pred) layer them in those small aluminum square pans and freeze them. Also chili freezes nicely. Can you tell I live in a high protein house This is what I can think off the top of my head. I love to cook, so I'll actually stop and think about it and send you another note.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to say try meals in the crock pot. You can put about anything in there and let it cook all day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to make Shepherdless Pie (being a veggie) with the meaty base replaced with a mixture of canned tomatoes and Mediterranean type vegetables together with some herbs and perhaps mushrooms. I've given it to meat eaters and it seemed to go well.
    Jack

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast