Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Need some recipes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems my advice is annoying you, Daggar. My intention was to help. I feel like hell and don't wish to expend the energy if it isn't welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She works out and eats real fruit shakes???? I bet she takes in less sugar than any other non diabetic teen we would ever meet.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

annoyed? no, just a little confused that's all.... my apologies for invading your thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good. I know it's confusing. Our culture has drifted so far from real foods and balancing nutrients in ways that benefited humans for millenia. Add to that the ever-changing dietary recommendations from the medical profession and we have a very confused and misinformed population.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    That's good. I know it's confusing. Our culture has drifted so far from real foods and balancing nutrients in ways that benefited humans for millenia. Add to that the ever-changing dietary recommendations from the medical profession and we have a very confused and misinformed population.
    This is so very true.

I know my own diet needs a lot of cleaning up but when I look at what my parents and family and friends eat I am eating way healthy compared to them.

I used to eat a lot of chips and pop and candies and pastries and cookies and such, and coffee and if I have one of these items a month that is very rare. I barely eat any sugary stuff any more and am cutting back on the refined carbs and most processed foods. It is hard when I have only partial control over what I eat. Because of my low income my parents mostly provide for me.

I used to take a good quality whey protein powder in the mornings when I was really sick last fall and winter. I found it helped quite a bit energy wise but was not a cure by any means considering what I have been going through. My energy is much better now but because of some slight tracheal and bronchial stenosis and only 66% lung capacity and doing pred for 4 years straight I am surprised I am not worse.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are excellent changes, Phil. Good for you for doing it even though your environment makes it difficult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Those are excellent changes, Phil. Good for you for doing it even though your environment makes it difficult!
    Thank you. I slip from time to time but at least I do not fill the pie whole on a regular basis with a bunch of junk. LOL
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High dose pred predisposes us to developing blood sugar problems while on pred or even after pred is stopped.
    My endo is watching my glucose very closely. She's afraid that I might become diabetic eventually due to the steroids. I sure hate to think of that happening. My son is a juvenile diabetic and it's not a pleasant way to live. He is used to it, tho. He essentially grew up with it and it's simply a part of his life and he deals with it real well.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made this chickpea curry last night: BBC - Food - Recipes : Chickpea curry served with brown rice.

It was super quick and easy to do with canned chickpeas, but obviously you could use dried and soaked ones too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, and this isn't really for you Sangye, but since this is a recipe thread, thought I'd post this:

Cheap Family Recipes | Low Cost Meals | Reduce Food Bills | Eat For Less Money

A cool little site about feeding a family of four for 100 pounds a month ($160 for you US peeps) with a monthly meal planner, recipes and shopping list so very easy.

All nutritionally balanced and healthy too! (I know it's not all perfect tho (not enough salads or veg etc) but a good start for people on a budget looking to eat better) ...yummy sounding dinners like risottos, curries, calzone, veggie burgers etc.

There is a meat version too if you won't eat vegetarian.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast