Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A rant...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A rant...

Of all the meds I have to take, even taking into account their side-affects, it’s the taking of one Alendronic Acid pill, once a week which fills me with dread. It’s a pill which I strongly resent, an intrusion into my lifestyle, an inconvenience, despite it’s benefits to me.

Yes, I know it’s just a pill, not even a big pill, just a quick swallow and it’s all over………..but it’s not!!

· You have to drinks loads of water with it.
    · It has to be eaten first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
    · You have to wait 30 mins before you can pass anything else down your throat.
    · You have be sitting/standing up for those 30 mins which means you can’t just wake up, take the pill and go back to sleep…… Oh no!

So. You have to wake up, get out of bed, drink loads of water, gag on the pill as it’s not coated , drink some more water and then prop yourself up for half an hour waiting and waiting for that cup of TEA!! How can man in this civilised world be expected to be able to do anything in the morning without a cup of Tea! For 30 mins the only reply to a cheerful wife’s questions is a sad ‘grunt’ – conversation is dead! And what about food!!!! Who in their right mind (or on pred) waits 30 mins before slobbering over breakfast. Breakfast mean your other meds which means life. Easy .

Whoever made/discovered this pill must really hate Englishmen! I would love to find the inventor and do something really nasty to them – tie them to a chair and make them sit and watch the whole series of ‘Dallas’ or something equally nauseating.

Of all that WG throws at me, this is the one thing which I hate. Even the Mtx injection is a joy in comparison.

Anyway rant over, Is there any meds you hate?
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy8241 View Post
    Whoever made/discovered this pill must really hate Englishmen!
    I agree totally with you Old Chum. Having the Butler under ones feet for those 30 minutes, hovering with the cup of Earl Gray is all too much. It's just not Cricket!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, nothing compares to pred. Even rtx, which leaves me trembling with weakness for a month and a half doesn't compare to pred. Stinkin' pred changes everything on the outside (in unpleasant ways) and everything on the inside (in unpleasant ways) and everything in the mind (in unpleasant ways). I can put up with just about anything, but the side effects and damage from pred really do me in.

There. That's my rant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    To me, nothing compares to pred. Even rtx, which leaves me trembling with weakness for a month and a half doesn't compare to pred. Stinkin' pred changes everything on the outside (in unpleasant ways) and everything on the inside (in unpleasant ways) and everything in the mind (in unpleasant ways). I can put up with just about anything, but the side effects and damage from pred really do me in.

There. That's my rant.
    A friend of mine was just put on 50mg of prednisone for a poison ivy rash. The pharmasist was shocked at the dose. He does not believe me that it will effect his insides at that dose.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An admission - I have been taking this stuff for a couple of years now in spite of suffering from most of the contra conditions mentioned on the instructions such as difficulty with swallowing, stomach trouble etc. I take it after I get up in the morning along with all my other pills, breakfast and coffee. However, I have never noticed any of the side effects warned of so I don't suppose it is doing me any harm.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm SO glad someone brought this up! I filled the darn Alendronic Acidprescription over a month ago, and have yet to take a pill. Every morning, I feel guilty as I glace at the untouched box on my kitchen counter, while preparing my morning coffee. How can I be expected to choose a pill over my COFFEE?!?!? The pill (and no doubt, my bones) are losing the battle.

Seems Jack has thrown caution to the wind, and he's still standing.......So, what would happen if I take the pill AND have my coffee (along with the required water)??? Anyone know?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    .So, what would happen if I take the pill AND have my coffee (along with the required water)??? Anyone know?
    The universe as we know it would cease to exist. And we would have you to thank. If we could find you in all the non-existence, that is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, that's a heavy burden you just dropped on me........thanks a lot.

I mean........would the stupid drug still work if I take it with my coffee?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything works better with coffee!

As far as I can tell, most of the precautions are to minimise reflux problems but taking with food reduces the absorption so I would have thought that coffee was ok.
    Last edited by Jack; 05-11-2011 at 02:18 AM.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post

There. That's my rant.
    They are taking me down aggressively on my pred and it is making me crazy (okay, I'll admit I'm already crazy so correct verbiage would be crazier). I am going down 1 mg a week. I am at 6mg this week and all of my joints feel so raw and hurt. My Rheumy gave me vicodin with a percocet supplement, it doesn't touch the pain and I can't work with my mind "foggy" from pain killers. So I have to say my rant would be prednisone. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast