Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A rant...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a man is openly expressing an opinion, and there's no woman within earshot, is he still wrong?
    Hammy the answer to this question is obviously yes. (LOL)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    Why??? I think they hate my stinking guts (okay that's the pred talking) It is because I started having 4+ pitting edema bilateraly up past my knees and my rheumy said that was a side effect of pred. I felt like a giant swollen and unable to walk or move. Before lowering the pred this fast they tried lasix, didn't help added zaroxolyn (metolazone) and increased my PO K+ to 60 a day and my K+ still dropped to 2.8, which our wonderful lab didn't report to my Doc for 4 days. If I can't handle the drop then he said we will slow down to 1mg a month. I'm about ready to cry uncle.

Oh LightWarrior, I don't think you should do this to yourself. I have swelling like that and know how bad it can be. However, if you irritate the adrenal glands you will also cause huge swelling. Take it slow, let your body adapt and you'll get there. Remember, you gotta sneak away from the Wegs dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Oh LightWarrior, I don't think you should do this to yourself. I have swelling like that and know how bad it can be. However, if you irritate the adrenal glands you will also cause huge swelling. Take it slow, let your body adapt and you'll get there. Remember, you gotta sneak away from the Wegs dog.
    I've tried hard to keep that dog asleep and this seems counter-intuitive to that process. I'm at 6mg now, should I fight to do 1mg a month?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going to ditto Sangye. I hate pred...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    I've tried hard to keep that dog asleep and this seems counter-intuitive to that process. I'm at 6mg now, should I fight to do 1mg a month?
    If there is no compelling reason that requires tapering that fast, then it seems it's not worth the risk to do it. When I was originally treated with pred and ctx my lousy rheumy speed-tapered me and that kept the Wegs dog awake. It took 4 more years to get it to sleep and my adrenals never did come back online. You've been on it for awhile. Dr Seo always emphasizes how you have to taper it very slowly when you've been on it for an extended amount of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Dr Seo always emphasizes how you have to taper it very slowly when you've been on it for an extended amount of time.
    How long is an extended period of time???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I HATE Pred!!

Never wanted to take Steroids but its that or die right? I hate what it does to my body and to my mind. I HATE Pred head, Pred rage and Pred moon face.

I used to be fairly intelligent, well i could construct whole sentences without long thoughful pauses, saying "oh, thingy bob" and could type like a "normal" person instead of mixing my words and spelling things phonetically instead of literally.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All
    I was diagnosed 2 years ago and have been down the cyclo, pred, cellcept roads and indeed still am but isn,t it amazing that, similar to others here it,s the calcium pill that gets me. I am in Ireland and this pill is known as Fosamac here. Same requirements for taking in the morning, loads of water, stay upright etc.
    However I find Pred really scary and thankfully am on low dosage now, 5mg, so have slowly but surely been returning to normal features as distinct from the stranger in the mirror I had become while on high dosage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pred seems to provoke the same reaction from us all. It keeps us alive and can reduce many symptoms, but at one hell of a price in long term health. Its side effects have reduced me to a cripple!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sam, I hear you. Stinkin' pred.

ChrisG, once someone has been on pred for a year or more, it's much harder to taper.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast