Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A rant...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that Pred is by far the worst I have to deal with. Wegs is hard enough, but having to look and feel the way that Pred makes you feel just adds insult to injury.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    They are taking me down aggressively on my pred and it is making me crazy (okay, I'll admit I'm already crazy so correct verbiage would be crazier). I am going down 1 mg a week. I am at 6mg this week and all of my joints feel so raw and hurt. My Rheumy gave me vicodin with a percocet supplement, it doesn't touch the pain and I can't work with my mind "foggy" from pain killers. So I have to say my rant would be prednisone. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    1MG a week at that level seems awfully aggressive. My doc has me going 1mg a month (though I do feel I could go a bit faster), but when I went faster I definitely got pain after the reductions.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

many years ago when i was young i got sick of taking prednisone and cut my self to 10mg every other day for 3 days and then none. cold turkey. aparently that is not good and i am lucky to be alive. remember i was young.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesdays are my Alendronate days and it's definitely the most inconvenient med to take but yet the easiest on my system. I pick Tuesday's because I usually work then and I just get up, take the pill with a reasonable amount of water, then just take a really long hot shower, dry off my hair, put on some makeup and before you know it, about 40 mins have passed by. Then comes the morning tea and that wondeful Prednisone! Must admit though, if I wasn't getting up to go to work, I wouldn't want to shower right away. I think I have a harder time revving myself up with a big chunk of tummy fat in one hand and the injection of Mtx in the other!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason you don't eat until 30 minutes after the alendronate is that it is so poorly absorbed by the body (doc said something like 20 percent, I think) that they don't want anything else in your stomach. I take mine on Saturdays (don't drink nearly as much water as they suggest) and have suffered no ill effects so far. I take it right before I get into the shower so by the time I shower and dress I can get coffee as usual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    They are taking me down aggressively on my pred and it is making me crazy (okay, I'll admit I'm already crazy so correct verbiage would be crazier). I am going down 1 mg a week. I am at 6mg this week and all of my joints feel so raw and hurt. My Rheumy gave me vicodin with a percocet supplement, it doesn't touch the pain and I can't work with my mind "foggy" from pain killers. So I have to say my rant would be prednisone. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    WHY are they doing that to you, LightWarrior? There is no reason to rush tapering like that and have you in so much pain you need vicodin and percocet. Rushing a taper can cause Wegs to flare and it's extremely hard on the adrenals. Grrrr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gurinbasra View Post
    .... shower, dry off my hair, put on some makeup !
    ;spose I could try this but not sure what my wife would say.lol

I've always injected my Mtx in my thighs - alway thought it would get lost if i tried the tummyI'll give it a go - big area!

Trouble is with the ancilllary drugs like Alendronate, folic and calcium, you don't/won't know if they are doing good until its too late. With the main two you know with days or maybe a week.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    WHY are they doing that to you, LightWarrior? There is no reason to rush tapering like that and have you in so much pain you need vicodin and percocet. Rushing a taper can cause Wegs to flare and it's extremely hard on the adrenals. Grrrr.
    Why??? I think they hate my stinking guts (okay that's the pred talking) It is because I started having 4+ pitting edema bilateraly up past my knees and my rheumy said that was a side effect of pred. I felt like a giant swollen and unable to walk or move. Before lowering the pred this fast they tried lasix, didn't help added zaroxolyn (metolazone) and increased my PO K+ to 60 a day and my K+ still dropped to 2.8, which our wonderful lab didn't report to my Doc for 4 days. If I can't handle the drop then he said we will slow down to 1mg a month. I'm about ready to cry uncle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a holistic point of view it's better to inject into your thighs if possible. There are neurological points that correlate with the adrenal glands on the abdomen. When I was on Lovenox (injectible heparin) for 2.5 years I had to inject into those sites a lot. I still have painful nodules there. I think that may be one reason why my adrenals have not recovered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I for sure hate pred. The mind games it plays, the puffy face and other areas, pressure in the head, wanting to eat all the time, weight gain, it all sucks.

I also hate ctx. Mainly because of my bladder issues now.

And Voriconazole as well. I will be off it in 2 days! YIPPEEEEEE! And hopefully never have to go on it again.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast