Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bunny TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bears aren't carnivores, so what happened to that goat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope they're omnivores. 90% of their diet is vegetarian but the other 10% anything goes... including goats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow, I didn't know that! Ack! Poor goat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to worry Sangye, he (the goat) might be winter kill. Bears are opportunists to the highest degree. They'll eat anything. ANYTHING. That's why we have these 'bear proof' garbage cans in Jasper (they actually have them displayed at the Smithsonian) to keep the bears out of the campgrounds and the townsite. The number of human/bear encounters dropped significantly the very next season after they implemented those garbage bins. So the bear in the picture might just be cleaning up the mess left over from winter's fury.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The baby bunnies are getting pretty big! They don't look as fragile anymore, and I'm not worried about a hawk nabbing them. They sure are fun to watch. We're having a heatwave so I put out a bowl of water for all the critters who visit my yard. This morning one of the bunnies dipped her foot in it and then hopped up in the air. It was hilarious. I watered the weeds in the yard the past couple days so they'd survive and feed the bunnies. I never thought I'd do such a thing, but love makes you do crazy things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    The baby bunnies are getting pretty big! They don't look as fragile anymore, and I'm not worried about a hawk nabbing them. They sure are fun to watch. We're having a heatwave so I put out a bowl of water for all the critters who visit my yard. This morning one of the bunnies dipped her foot in it and then hopped up in the air. It was hilarious. I watered the weeds in the yard the past couple days so they'd survive and feed the bunnies. I never thought I'd do such a thing, but love makes you do crazy things.
    We had two rabbits that were either sparring or playing with each other tonight. looked like those old cartoon of kangaroos boxing each other. Usually they just ignore each other but love to get under the bird feeders and eat fallen corn and other seeds.
    Last edited by drz; 06-11-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current critter count in my yard (residents and daily guests): 2 baby bunnies, 2 baby chipmunks, pair of doves, several pairs of cardinals, tons of chickadees and sparrows (parents and babies), pair of robins, house finches, bluebirds, some other birds I haven't identified and as of today..... one brown rat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Current critter count in my yard (residents and daily guests): 2 baby bunnies, 2 baby chipmunks, pair of doves, several pairs of cardinals, tons of chickadees and sparrows (parents and babies), pair of robins, house finches, bluebirds, some other birds I haven't identified and as of today..... one brown rat!
    You dirty rat!
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yuck...rats.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast