Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Bunny TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feed the bunnies directly. The fallen birdseed and a bowl of water for all the wildlife is right next to their doorway, so they don't have to go far to eat out. They also eat the weeds in my yard. I put out some lettuce once and there were a few nibbles on it. But the yard is so tiny that if I put food out my dogs would get it and/or it would attract (more) rats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A clear sign of spring in my part of the world is daily bear sightings to and from my place of work. Here are two photos of one year old black bear cubs. Black bears also come in brown and even blond but they are still "black bears". Like Sangye's bunnies, we do not feed these guys. cubs.jpg boo-boo.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow! The best I see are foxes, grey sqirrells and rabbits, sometimes at night I will see badgers and deer.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianR View Post
    A clear sign of spring in my part of the world is daily bear sightings to and from my place of work. Here are two photos of one year old black bear cubs. Black bears also come in brown and even blond but they are still "black bears". Like Sangye's bunnies, we do not feed these guys. cubs.jpg boo-boo.jpg
    Wow Brian that would be neat to see..where abouts do u live?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen "cinnamon bears" who are also under the heading of black bears. Not around here but in Yosemite National Park where one stole my backpack. Also in Olympic National Park here in Washington. But to see them like this on the way to work every day would really be special. Nice photos.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A clear sign of spring in my part of the world is daily bear sightings to and from my place of work. Here are two photos of one year old black bear cubs. Black bears also come in brown and even blond but they are still "black bears". Like Sangye's bunnies, we do not feed these guys.
    Nice photos, Brian. Interesting to see the brutes, given their apparent weights, cavort in the thinner branches. You say "sign of spring", but I can't help noticing that these trees are still leafless. Most black bears in the Cascades are actually black, though I've seen cinnamon bears in the Sierra Nevadas and into Oregon. No, let's not feed these guys.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Nice photos, Brian. Interesting to see the brutes, given their apparent weights, cavort in the thinner branches. You say "sign of spring", but I can't help noticing that these trees are still leafless. Most black bears in the Cascades are actually black, though I've seen cinnamon bears in the Sierra Nevadas and into Oregon. No, let's not feed these guys.

Al
    "My" cinnamon bear in Yosemite was the only one I ever saw. If I saw any bears in Olympic Nat'l Park, they were probably black or dark brown; otherwise , I would have remembered.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Debra et al.

I live in the town of Jasper in Jasper National Park, Canada; a community of 4,500 permanent residents who collectively grieved for a week when our one and only traffic light was installed some years ago.

Cinnamon is the other most common color for our `black`bears but we also see those that are quite blonde in color. Many folks think they have seen a grizzly when they see a light colored black bear but once you actually see a grizzly there is no mistaking it for a blackie. I had the pleasure of almost running into a grizzly three days ago. I was on my way home from a 50 mile bike ride and was a little gassed and, when cresting a hill head down, I looked up to see an adult grizzly looking up at me from the ditch 20 feet away where he or she ( I did not take the time to check its gender) was staring at me with that `what you looking at skinny` kind of look. Needless to say it was an uneventful encounter; we both carried on with our business. A good friend of mine got caught up with a mama grizzly some years back while he was out mountain riding but she did not ignore him. After several hundred stitches and some plastic surgery he came out fine but those critters play for keeps if you get between them and their babies. He survived by playing dead while she worked him over; courage one cannot imagine mustering whilst teeth and claws thrash at head and back. How he kept it together is, to me, almost unfathomable.

Anyway, I (we) love these environs and all they offer.

Since I am posting I will take this opportunity to report that Marta is in Edmonton for a Dr appointment. I will not get into detail but suffice it to say that all is well, spirits high, blood test shows all well within normal, med induced r...r...rem... oh never mind, you get it. Hard to say it for fear of jinxing it.

To all on this forum, stay strong, get well, stay well. I am profoundly grateful for the people on this forum.

Peace,

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all on this forum, stay strong, get well, stay well. I am profoundly grateful for the people on this forum.

Peace,

Brian
    Brian, We on this forum (at least me and I think the rest of us) are profoundly grateful for you and Marta (and the adorable stories about and pictures of Hannah)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian, I found your account of cycling and meeting a bear facinating. I used to do a bit of off-road biking and used to get annoyed at having trouble with dogs that were off the lead, or having a bunny that could not make up its mind which way to run. Hmmm meeting a bear now that is a litle extreme. Perhaps we should have had bears in the UK when I used to do cross-country running, trying to out-run a bear might have given me more wins!

Please pass my regards to Marta.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast