Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bunny TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta love the chipmunks! I talk to them too. I tell them to run far and fast, before my little hunter comes around the corner.
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have mice in my garden, which wind my dog up - cos he can hear them but can never get to them in time. We also have SO so so many birds visiting our garden, feels like a minagerie!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our yard has lots of squirrels and birds as well. Our cat, Sophie, tries to play with them.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The past few days some chickadees and sparrows have been teaching their babies how to forage for food in my yard. The babies sit on the fence while the moms fly to the bird feeder and then fly back to cram the food into their little beaks. The little babies are so funny. They can fly and even know how to eat the seed off the ground. But when their mom comes over with seed they sort of scrunch down and flap their wings really fast, looking helpless. I didn't realize the parents kept feeding the babies once they could fly on their own. The babies are pretty big. If I didn't see them doing this I wouldn't even know they were babies! It makes me so happy to know that they're getting strong and big on this food.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching animals in nature is quite amazing and relaxing.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're having a terrible heatwave that will be especially bad today and tomorrow. In the 90's with huge humidity. (Tomorrow will be almost 100). I'm worried about the baby bunnies overheating and maybe even dying in this. My yard is well-shaded but the heat and humidity are incredible, even at 9:30 am. They live under the deck, which is certainly the coolest place. It's double-shaded because there's a huge overhanging deck.

I put out water for the birds and bunnies, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do for the bunnies. Should I wet the ground with the hose? As I type, one bunny is laying down in the shade. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do not see rabbits that often in Jasper National Park although you do see them occassionally. On the other hand, there was a grizzly foraging just outside my office last week (my office is on the ski hill at 5,600 ft) and I rode my bike past a grizzly on Saturday while I was out for a loooooong road bike ride. It was a full grown adult that I estimate to be 600- 800lbs. It was beside the road in the ditch and I was about 10 feet from it when I rode past. It did not even lift it's head as it was too consumed with consuming. Talk about "charismatic mega fauna"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL That's as mega-fauna as we're gonna get in North America, unless you head into polar bear territory!

I just wet down part of the yard. There are tall weeds and weedy grass that'll hold the water so critters can drink from them. It's gotta be cooler sitting among wet leaves at any rate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is quite hot with lots of humidity Sangye. I would be worried too. I myselft cannot even handle that kind of heat. I would have to stay inside and just rest and do no physical work at all. I would continue to leave water out for them. Animals are so resilient and can cope with stuff much better than we can. When we had our domesticated bunnies at the farm we had a very large cage to put them in. I was about 6 feet long and about 3 feet wide. It was on wheels that one could move around and put in the shade. I would pick fresh grass and alfalfa each day for the bunnies and clean out the cage.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the heat is incredible. Tomorrow is more rtx and I've been housebound since last Tuesday's infusion due to a bad cold (plus rtx side effects). Today I have to go to errands. I'm not in good shape as it is and the heat worsens me so much. I might have to get someone to hose me down at the end, too.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast