Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Bunny TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian, how lucky u were that bear just let u go on about yr business and not come after u like yr friend. That was some bike ride !! I remember when I was younger we went on a family vacation to Yellowstone and had a picnic lunch all set out and along came some bears ( not Yogi or boo-boo either) and we all ran so fast back to the car and watched them eat our lunch. Pretty scary then.
    I'm glad everything is doing well with Marta ...Take care and maybe carry some mace on yr next bike ride !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I'm glad everything is doing well with Marta ...Take care and maybe carry some mace on yr next bike ride !!
    Not so sure I would recommend macing a testy grizzly, Debra--especially at mace-y distances! Maybe a loud B-flat from your bass trombone would be more effective--or at least a shock to the bear....

Brian, I'm not quite sure what the "R" word actually means in practical terms (my doc doesn't like that particular locution), but I know that Marta detests feeling yucky, so if she is regaining her fighting stance, that is fantastic. And I hope you and Hana are making it through....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Not so sure I would recommend macing a testy grizzly, Debra--especially at mace-y distances! Maybe a loud B-flat from your bass trombone would be more effective--or at least a shock to the bear....

Brian, I'm not quite sure what the "R" word actually means in practical terms (my doc doesn't like that particular locution), but I know that Marta detests feeling yucky, so if she is regaining her fighting stance, that is fantastic. And I hope you and Hana are making it through....

Al
    Yea I guess yr right about the mace Al,how about a can of "OFF" that sprays up to 12 ft !!??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post

Al
    Yes Al. I too am a little unclear as to what the "R" word actually means in practical terms but nice to know that the disease is not active insofar as causing any further damage (so to speak). Marta is regaining her fighting stance although, as we all know, it's baby steps but steps nonetheless. Hana is a handful (in a good way) and clearly takes after her mother. Yesterday, as we were walking home from a restaurant, I was explaining to her how she should focus more and not get distracted so much. She told me girls "are far better at multi-tasking than boys". This, I am sure, she gets from her mother who is a master multi-tasker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a cute one Brian. Thanks. Ya, as far as remission goes it is so different for everyone. But the way I look at it is if the Wegs is not flaring then you are in remission.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Yea I guess yr right about the mace Al,how about a can of "OFF" that sprays up to 12 ft !!??
    I'm sure the bear would appreciate a spritz of mosquito repellent, but I think I would still rather deal with the big fella from a safer distance--especially if I were on foot....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianR View Post
    Yes Al. I too am a little unclear as to what the "R" word actually means in practical terms but nice to know that the disease is not active insofar as causing any further damage (so to speak). Marta is regaining her fighting stance although, as we all know, it's baby steps but steps nonetheless. Hana is a handful (in a good way) and clearly takes after her mother. Yesterday, as we were walking home from a restaurant, I was explaining to her how she should focus more and not get distracted so much. She told me girls "are far better at multi-tasking than boys". This, I am sure, she gets from her mother who is a master multi-tasker.
    I did a "spit take" reading this, Brian. Let's see: Han takes after her mother. Hana is a handful. Ergo, Marta is a handful too...?

In fact, I am sure that many guys feel blown away by the competencies of their women-folk. Certainly, I am, and for good reason. My daughter, for instance, has always been somewhat bi-polar. That, in addition to her extremely high (and, yes, multi-tasking) intelligence, along with the fact that all her school mates had the same make-up (but often bullies, in a girl-bully sort of way), made for a dangerous combination. I cannot count the number of times I would sit beside her bed for hours listening to her prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that black was, in fact, white. Actually, I realized that I was out of my league. When Amy was still a pre-schooler, she caught me in an error--spelling, grammar, or some such. After I apologized, she announced to everyone, "Well, Dad, I am a little ahead of you when it comes to smartness." Ah, family lore. Enjoy those precious times with your even more precious little multi-tasker.

Al
    Last edited by Al; 05-25-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314