User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rituxan - How long until remission after getting treatment?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rituxan - How long until remission after getting treatment?

Just curious to find out how long it has taken for folks to get into remission after they start RTX, for those that are lucky enough to get into remission. I have heard the medicine reaches full strength in 4-8 weeks, and I am now at week six since the first dose. I feel absolutely great, but my kidneys are not doing much/if any better. Just trying to get an idea of when I might see a change in my UA's...

Anna

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anna, it can take longer than that to work fully. The first 2 rounds I started to feel better 6 weeks after the round began. This last time I also felt a bit better at the 6-week point but it didn't go far or last long. I started going downhill within a few days. Dr Seo and I believe this was due to only doing the 2-infusion protocol this time. The first two rounds I did the 4-infusion protocol. Dr Seo wanted to wait until the 3-month mark to assess if the rtx would kick in but it hasn't.

Did you do 2 or 4?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt better after a few days, but this was followed by five years of repeated relapses and my kidney function declined beyond saving. The main cause for the feeling of well-being was the steroids. My initial treatment was with cyclophosphamide and pred.
    Last edited by Jack; 05-08-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, you were never on rtx!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt really spaced out whilst I was having the Ritix infusions, and quite dizzy and light headed afterwards. My Rheumy used to tell me it takes about 2 months before you see any kind of progress from ritix though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye - I did the four infusions... Gwenllian - thanks, I guess I just need to be more patient.

Just surprised that I feel so much better overall, like night and day, but that my kidneys just do not seem to be much different...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That does seem odd, Anna. On the other hand, they may be permanently damaged. Have your docs discussed that possibility?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ann, what is your creatinine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankfully my doc's and I are not worried about permanent damage, has not even come up. My kidneys are minimally affected, I don't really even have protein, but just want to get a clear UA and have the pain in my kidneys go away. Part of the problem of this go round for me is that I caught the Wegs so early since I have had it before, which was annoying for getting treatment because my numbers were not that bad, but good for my kidneys as they have not suffered much.