Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Anniversary to me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Happy Anniversary to me

Exactly one year ago this moment, I was heading to the ER to be told that I have secondary lung cancer that has metastasized from who knows where. I could barely talk, walk or breathe. I was about to get on the craziest roller coaster ride of my life. Luckily for me it turned out to be Wegener's, and I can sit here today and write this post.

To celebrate my one year anniversary of a second crack at life, I just spent an hour and a half on my neeeewwww treadmill (just walking - no jogging yet) while I watched a movie and burned off 365 calories - see the connection? The movie was about a young girl who has superpowers - not your usual superpowers like flying, or becoming invisible or being faster than a speeding bullet or anything like that.... she could tell when people lied. Well I kept thinking about all of us on this forum, we all have superpowers, not your usual superpowers but superpowers nevertheless. We're all superheroes, and every superhero has a nemesis, and ours is Wegener's, so here's to crushing our nemesis.

I am so very excited to have the energy to even consider getting some of the old Marta back, and shedding some of the nasty pred weight I've aquired and regain some of my muscles that have gone the way of my adrenal glands and the do-do bird. I'm on 15mg of pred and the full moon known as my face is waning, I actually see some hollow bits under my cheek bones, and my buffalo hump is now a baby buffalo hump, so I KNOW that things will slowly but surely improve.

I am thankful for all of the wonderful things that have happened this year that would never have happened had I not been forced down this path, and the wonderful people I have met that I wouldn't have met otherwise. I have gotten so much from all of you, and I hope that I have reciprocated even a fraction of what I've received. Just FYI, the results from the survey that we've all contributed to might get published in a Rheumatology Journal... this is still up in the air, but it seems like it might happen, you will all be the first to know if and when it happens, how's that for something cool that wouldn't have happened had we all not been forced on this insane roller coaster ride.

Good health and long life to each and everyone of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Anniversary! It does not look like I will be seeing you this summer. Finances are not good here. But I am sure I will see you again.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Anniversary brave one. You remind us all to live with love, laughter and courage. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, we'll see each other when we're supposed to... when we're both strong enough to chase bears through the woods.
    Lightwarrior - I'm not any braver than anyone else on this forum. We're all superheroes - but Phil is Batman!! ha ha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Anniversary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye, who woulda thunk that something like what went down last year would give me such a happy day today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on getting on the Treadmill and burning 365 calories! That took care of one muffin! Happy Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Congrats on getting on the Treadmill and burning 365 calories! That took care of one muffin! Happy Anniversary!
    no kidding... you can tell how 'not fast' I was walking... time to get on the rice cakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Anniversary! Glad to hear everything is going so well.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rice cakes. Yuck.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast