Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Weighty Issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Yup, that's what he's ordered! I bet he's out to prove you wrong. You don't need to check cholesterol that often unless you have a problem.

Glucose is on any routine blood work, but if he highlighted it he's playing games with that, too.
    I knew it!! Blooming cheek! He's determined to make me lose weight, last time i saw him he had me paranoid about getting high cholesterol or diabetes...
    Thing that makes me laughis he wrote this blood test out after i'd walked out the room!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha my last meal weighed 5 lbs i would tell that dr to go Beep him self and **** and **** lol I cant wait to get off pred i gained 50lbs in 6 mo. yes 50lbs my dr not concerned i am i am big framed lol was 6'2 245 lbs now 6'1 298lbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True story, if you will bear with me a bit... I'll try to make it short...

3 years ago (pre-WG days), I saw a VA doctor for the first time. He was a fun guy and I really liked him. He was maybe 5'4" and 120 lbs. I was 5'11"/210 lbs. Anyway, he is typing away at his computer and entering my answers to his questions. Without even looking up or at me he says "you're too fat". I think a second or two and then say, "nah, I'm just big-boned". Still without looking up he replies, "no, your bones are fine, you are too fat". HA!

Sooooo, 3 years roll by, I'm put on pred, gain 30 lbs and have a 2" file on me about the wegs. I go into the VA for my annual physical and get the same doctor. He reviews my file, then starts with the computer and the questions. Finally, he comes to the part about height and weight (I'm about 240 then). Again, he doesn't even look from the computer, but this time he says "we won't worry about your weight anymore". Sadly, he has now retired. I really liked him.

My current weight is about 235 which is down from a high of 250. I'd like to get down to about 225, but then I might have to buy new clothes.... :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL "Your bones are fine..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Sangye, still on 15mg pred and ctx. They have also upped my blood pressure tabs and ace inhibitors today, so looking forward to even puffier legs and feet! At least if they ever do a re-make of Ghostbusters I could audition for the part of Mr Stay-Puffed. . . no padding required! Actually, that being the case, I could become that "someone famous" with WG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jules, if you still need to be on ctx that means you still have serious disease activity. Strenuous exercise is too much for your body. You need your reserves to heal and for your body to cope with the toxicity of ctx. 15mg pred is still a lot of pred. It might be impossible for you to drop weight at that dose. I know none of this is what you want to hear but I'm worried that if you push yourself too much exercising to lose weight that you'll keep the Wegs active.

Having said that, doing some exercise is a good thing. Exercise at a low intensity. Go for time, not intensity. Stop long before you're tired. And for God's sake, don't think of marshmallows!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too late. . . just lit the barby! Working on the basis that if a marshmallow turns almost to liquid form it cant be as bad for you. . and instead becomes a nutritional drink supplement before heading for the treadmill!?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I meant don't think of marshmallows! Remember the movie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    LOL I meant don't think of marshmallows! Remember the movie?
    My 3 year old grand-daughter calls them "smash mellows" which is what she does with them before popping into her mouth.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast