Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Weighty Issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww Sangye thats horrible. I hope you get your ahem sorted soon. lol.

Well i'm still at 5mg, waiting for Addenbrooks for the ok to dip again. See them at the end of the month, will be asking for a referral to a chest consult there too.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO glad you're not going back to that fool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not as glad as i am Sangye!!

Last quick question before bed, any reasons why a chest consultant would want a urine and blood tests done? Surely his job is to look at the lungs?
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Pulmy wanted urine and blood done too before doing the bronchoscopy.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that doctor sounds like a dick! (excuse my French )

I've put on about two stone in around two weeks after my pred was bumped back up, which is a huge amount, but my doctors are not worried about it, as it's stayed at that level and my appetite is healthy. Five pounds in six months is something I wouldn't even notice going on!

I'm not medically trained in any way, but I've been told (as you probably have) that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, as eating breakfast basically gives your body the signal that you're awake and starts your metabolism going for the day, which supposedly helps you to lose weight. I don't know how true that is, but it seems to make sense

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    Not as glad as i am Sangye!!

Last quick question before bed, any reasons why a chest consultant would want a urine and blood tests done? Surely his job is to look at the lungs?
    my pulminologist is the most intelligent and thourough doctor I have ever been to in my life and he either checks that stuff himself or makes sure that my other doctor does. I actualy get heart palpatations when he is not on the requisition in the "send copies to" section as I know he will be the first one to notice any issues.

what blood test did he require.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gained 30 pounds (uh.... 2 stones) and don't give a rats.... Hang in there.... YeeeHaw!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am up to 162 now. My normal weight before Wegs was about 150, so I should not really complain. It is the big gut I have that is more concerning to me. I joke with some people that with Wegs and pred I went from a six pack to a keg overnight. I did reach about 180 shortly after being dx. I ate like a team of horses.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think in general men are not as stressed by the weight gain as women. You see men patting their beer bellies and laughing, totally uninhibited about it, while women are always trying to suck in their stomachs and cover up excess weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmmm..... Don't know about that. My new physique was the hardest thing for me to deal with. Much more difficult than anything else associated with the disease. It still bothers me. One of the hardest things to do was go shopping for new pants and having to go up a size. I have kept some of my "pre-surgery" pants just in case, but I'm quickly coming to the realization it 'taint never going to happen.....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast