Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: A Weighty Issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh Dale,you did have a horrible day..how much overweight do they say u r ? And is that the main cause for diabetes..being overwieght?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being overweight is causing the diabetes, I am six foot four and weigh 264 lbs. I spent most of my adult life at 205, topped out at 272 with prednisone (off pred now). Still on ssdi and will probably remain due to
    WG/COPD/Neuropathy/IVF in vena cava/and now diabetes.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Dale, that was not a good day. Maybe being off of the Preds will help reduce the weight and then solve the diabetes issue, at least get the sugar count low enough to were you won't need to take any meds. Good luck.
    Rudi K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dale, make sure you increase your protein intake and get plenty of raw protein. Nuts, seeds, meat cooked rare (when it's safe to do so), sushi, etc.... That really helps to stabilize blood sugar. And of course minimize the white stuff: white flour, white sugar, etc...

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Dale! When it rains, it pours, eh? Sounds like weight loss may help the diabetes. How bad are your hernias?? Are they things you can live with or do they need repair? Hope it all gets better soon!!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One seems to run down the middle of my belly, the doc says my gizzards won't fall out. The other is lower, feel like appendix area, this is the one they will fix. No hurry. You forget Sangye, my wife is Italian, manga, manga. She has changed to all wheat pasta, wheat flour, unbleached coffee filters etc. She really has been great. Thanks to all.
    Dale

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011