Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rituxan tomorrow - any tips?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rituxan tomorrow - any tips?

My doc says no changes in medications, etc., no restrictions on eating, drinking, etc. Nothing was said by either the infusion center or my doc about driving there and back, and I forgot to ask!

Will I be okay to drive there and back, or should I get a ride? Any other tips? I plan to take my cell phone and a couple of books (I read fast) for something to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never had any issues with Rituxin and driving, working, etc was not a problem for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, good. I was worried about the benadryl making me woozy. I guess they keep you until you're not woozy anymore?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The benadryl never bothered me, but then I took it for years for allergies, so maybe somewhat immune to it. I would think after the rituxin treatment, which was always 3 hours or so for me, that if you felt woosy or whatever just hang around. Each person reacts differently so good you are sensitive and aware of this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have someone drive you since you don't know how you'll react to either the benadryl or the rtx. The benadryl usually conks me out pretty well only for a few hours but then I'm awake on the way home. But one time it didn't wear off at all and I couldn't stay awake at all for the entire 1.5 hr drive home. "Luckily" the rtx weakens me so badly I already had a driver in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly what I needed to know. I've got hubby lined up to drop me off and pick me up tomorrow, but I'm hoping that for the subsequent (shorter) visits, I'll be able to drive myself so as not to screw up his work day so badly. (He works 30 miles away from the hospital, in the opposite direction from where we live.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drove myself, to and from, both times. Benadryl doesn't do much to me. I did line hubby up to bring me lunch so I wouldn't have to eat hospital food (was there from 9 until about 2:30.) The cancer center had wifi, so I just brought my laptop and a book to read. My mom came to visit a bit the second time while my little guy was at preschool. Definitely have something to occupy your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Food is the one thing I didn't think about. I know there's a coffee shop/snack bar there, but are you hooked to a machine? Are you able to move around much? If not, I'll just have to wait until I get home to eat. The preds are not going to like that! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a rolling IV. Mine could unplug from the wall for brief periods of time (bathroom, etc.) but I didn't really see anybody doing more than that. Most of the people there were doing chemo - lots of them were asleep!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the rolling IV also. Definately figure out the food thing. Where I go , if they keep you more than 4 hours they have to let you order from the cafeteria and they bring it to the room. Good food actually.
    Usually I was there just under 4 hours so I ate from snacks that I brought.
    For me, the benadryl just made me sleepy for about an hour and then wore off. I drove myself home the two hour drive each time. Ideally though I would think it best to have someone else drive the first time if possible.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast