Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rituxan tomorrow - any tips?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt that they'll let you go wandering around looking for food. You need to be supervised during these infusions, even if you've had lots of them.

Best of luck to you tomorrow. I hope it goes well and you feel better quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I ever get approved for rtx I think I will just do my infusions at home, lol. I already have a PICC line, pump, and pole and all neccessary supplies, so why not.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'll certainly make getting food easier, Phil! LOL

Well, I totally messed up on food. There's nothing at home portable that I can take with me, and there's no time before my appt. this morning to stop on the way there (since I'm riding w/hubby and he's already having to get up earlier than usual). Hopefully I can raid the snack bar or a vending machine before I check in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil, doing it at home is not an option. The reason you have to go to an infusion center is that you have to be monitored during the entire infusion. Allergic reactions can be very serious and have to be addressed immediately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Phil, doing it at home is not an option. The reason you have to go to an infusion center is that you have to be monitored during the entire infusion. Allergic reactions can be very serious and have to be addressed immediately.
    I know Sangye. I was just kidding.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am begining to learn that nobody gets canadian sarcasm quite like another canadian.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are right there leigh. My sense of humour can be quite sarcastic and dry and totally off the wall.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    If I ever get approved for rtx I think I will just do my infusions at home, lol. I already have a PICC line, pump, and pole and all neccessary supplies, so why not.
    You will need to have nurse there to montor you and equipment to treat any serious reactions. It is usually easier and safer to do it at a hospital or clinic set up for infusion work.

They also usually have lots snacks available and option to order from the cafeteria if you want but unless it runs over my usual meal time and I need to eat to keep my blood glucose up, I seldom ate much during a transfusion or IV treatment.

How long have you had the PICC line in? They were always in a hurry to take mine out or change it after a few days due to risk of infection. I did get MRSA infection once on my line and that was a pain and complicated my treatment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    You will need to have nurse there to montor you and equipment to treat any serious reactions. It is usually easier and safer to do it at a hospital or clinic set up for infusion work.

They also usually have lots snacks available and option to order from the cafeteria if you want but unless it runs over my usual meal time and I need to eat to keep my blood glucose up, I seldom ate much during a transfusion or IV treatment.

How long have you had the PICC line in? They were always in a hurry to take mine out or change it after a few days due to risk of infection. I did get MRSA infection once on my line and that was a pain and complicated my treatment.
    I was just joking about doing at home. I have had the PICC line in for over 8 months now.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I was just joking about doing at home. I have had the PICC line in for over 8 months now.
    Glad to hear that. That must be a record for having a PICC line in with out infections?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast