Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Glad to be diagnosed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I think someone on here was dx'ed the same month and year as I, April 2011.... just can't think who at the moment. I do know that I'm more likely to flare in the winter, and winter of 2011 is when I got sick enough to be dx'ed.... it just took until April for it to actually happen.
    I was diagnosed in August 2010 but officially commenced WG meds (after positive biopsy) in April 2011
    I was only on RA meds before then
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff,
    That is some very good news, Remission is a wonderful word! You can take a deep breath now and know how it feels when people talk of remission. Take care of your self and your family, so happy for you.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds very much like what happened to me, Mike, with the lung problems starting in January or so and getting worse over time. I even talked to my dad's wife, a former nurse, about maybe having pneumonia, and she just brushed it off as what SHE had had, the something that was "going around", and which she had trouble getting over (she smokes, duh....). Later, she discounted Wegs, as did my pulmy, until presented with my saddle nose and the results of a nasal biopsy I'd gotten while he was on vacation. I never did aspirate a lesion, although I did have them scattered throughout. "Not sick enough to have Wegs", now there's a concept that's wrongheaded, and lack of communication between docs seems to be prevalent these days, as well..
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    April for me too you two--2012 for me.
    April 2010 for me. Is spring a a bad time for the Weg dog getting out?
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    April 2010 for me. Is spring a a bad time for the Weg dog getting out?
    Apparently so. I think it starts in winter, for me, around the holidays, and then builds up slowly to culminate in late winter or early spring. I've been managing to fight it off all winter this year, but will find out today if my blood work shows any increase in inflammation or possible disease activity. I've been feeling a little off lately, and woke up with a bit of sweating last night, for the first time this year. Will let everyone know the results.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently so. I think it starts in winter, for me, around the holidays, and then builds up slowly to culminate in late winter or early spring. I've been managing to fight it off all winter this year, but will find out today if my blood work shows any increase in inflammation or possible disease activity. I've been feeling a little off lately, and woke up with a bit of sweating last night, for the first time this year. Will let everyone know the results.
    Between Thanksgiving and Valentines Day I have been sick the last three years for at least a few weeks, one year it was over 10 weeks and the shortest was about three weeks. I think it is partly due to decreased humidity, increase indoor activity that helps spreads germs for colds and flu, and the colder weather contributing to less outdoor activity and exercise.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my SED rate is up from 16 three months ago, which was pretty low, for me, and well within the normal range. Now it is 26, higher than normal. My doc is not very concerned, and in fact didn't remember the low number from last time and had to look it up, at my prodding. He figures I could be fighting off a cold or whatnot. He was a little concerned about the night sweat last night, but not with my slightly higher temperature, which is usually around 97.6 but has been closer to the "normal" normal of 98.6. I never thought this was a big thing, but I do feel a little worse and more fatigued than say a month ago, so am on my guard. He gave me permission to take more pred for a few days, at my own discretion, if I continue to feel not quite right. And of course I'll call him if things get noticeably worse. My other blood work such as creatinine was at acceptable levels.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bags all packed, going to try my new found "Remission" by a weekend away dancing! The idea is we have dance lessons from the professionals on the very popular TV series "Strictly Come Dancing". I have tried for years to get tickets to the BBC set, but when you realise that over 2 million people applied for tickets just to the last series you can see what I have had to compete with! Extra pred tucked away along with knee and back suppoorts, oh the joy of growing older!
    If I can type on Monday I'll let you know if my Foxtrot is up to scratch...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff,
    Oh my that sounds like a wonderful celebration for "Remission". I can't wait to here how it goes when you two cut the rug. Have the time of your life you and your wife. Let the fun times begin!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds great, Geoff! I'm happy for you! And when you get back, enjoy a nice restful day or two.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast