Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quick drug question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick drug question

I am now on 5mg of Prednisolone...do i still need to take 20mg of Omeprazole?
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on you. Some people need to, some don't. If it's okay with your doc, try weaning off it. Remember that you'll get "rebound" symptoms of increased heartburn as your own stomach acid starts working again. This can fool you into thinking you need the drug. A good way to taper might be skipping a dose or skipping a day. That has worked for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Omeprazole?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prilosec...a stomach med to keep you from getting ulcers from our loving drugs...I take Nexuim and Zantac.
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh.. Yes, they put me on Nexium each time I am hospitalized. But I haven't been on anything like that since I have been home. Should I maybe ask for a prescription?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    Ahhh.. Yes, they put me on Nexium each time I am hospitalized. But I haven't been on anything like that since I have been home. Should I maybe ask for a prescription?
    Yes, if you are on pred, especially 20mg or higher, you should be taking something like Omeprazole to protect the stomach lining.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks guys, will ask my experts at Adds when i am there at the end of May.

I've had sensations in my stomach the last week or so, thinking it's probably a stomach bug, but just thought i should rule out the Omeprazole.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack