Quote Originally Posted by aewaustin View Post
Chris - Only side effects are that I have night sweats the night of the infusion, so much that I have had to change clothes twice during the night.

drz - I was not on any medicines when I got the first iv and was so weak that I could hardly function after 3pm each day and it was a really hard time as I was getting weaker each week. I went rapidly downhill for the month of March, and then got the first infusion 3/25/11. When I had the first iv it made a big difference in 24 hours, so I was thrilled, two weeks later I was able to walk/run 3 miles at our local lake (previously I had not been able to do anything physical for two months, and I am a runner so that was hard). Now about 4 weeks in I am totally functional, back at work full time and am working out every day. BUT my labs have not changed, I still have 3+ blood in my UA's, that is the only test to show if my Weg's is active. So remission is a bit away for me, but just wanted to explain that even though I am not in remission, the RTX truly has been a miracle for me... My doctor said that she is looking at the 8 week mark for my labs to change...
That is an amazing recovery and we envy you. RTX was the first drug they tried for me and it either didn't work at all or else was working too slowly so they switched to CTX. It took many months to attain a drug induced remission and then I had a flare a month later. I think I will be considered back in remission after my next lab results but still struggle to walk three blocks with a cane.

Thank you for posting such encouraging and uplifting news that can lift the spirits of our new comers. I hope more stories like yours will make it easier for people to get RTX treatment in the future and have such great results too.