Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FDA approves Rituxan for Wegener's, MPA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aewaustin View Post
    Chris - Only side effects are that I have night sweats the night of the infusion, so much that I have had to change clothes twice during the night.

drz - I was not on any medicines when I got the first iv and was so weak that I could hardly function after 3pm each day and it was a really hard time as I was getting weaker each week. I went rapidly downhill for the month of March, and then got the first infusion 3/25/11. When I had the first iv it made a big difference in 24 hours, so I was thrilled, two weeks later I was able to walk/run 3 miles at our local lake (previously I had not been able to do anything physical for two months, and I am a runner so that was hard). Now about 4 weeks in I am totally functional, back at work full time and am working out every day. BUT my labs have not changed, I still have 3+ blood in my UA's, that is the only test to show if my Weg's is active. So remission is a bit away for me, but just wanted to explain that even though I am not in remission, the RTX truly has been a miracle for me... My doctor said that she is looking at the 8 week mark for my labs to change...
    That is an amazing recovery and we envy you. RTX was the first drug they tried for me and it either didn't work at all or else was working too slowly so they switched to CTX. It took many months to attain a drug induced remission and then I had a flare a month later. I think I will be considered back in remission after my next lab results but still struggle to walk three blocks with a cane.

Thank you for posting such encouraging and uplifting news that can lift the spirits of our new comers. I hope more stories like yours will make it easier for people to get RTX treatment in the future and have such great results too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drz - I should have mentioned this before... This is my second round... I did the full Cytoxan/Imuran deal from 1992-1994. I then have had Weg's just a little bit out since 2003 and then it flared big in December 2010, but I am so difficult to diagnose that I waited too long to go to Cleveland. Finally got to Cleveland at the beginning of March and then got the iv at the end of the month. So I was really miserable and frustrated from Dec-March until I got the RTX this go round. But yes, since I have gotten the RTX I do consider myself very fortunate that it works for me... I feel for everyone that has a hard time getting into remission.

Brooke - Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is incredible news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, Anna! So good to hear that the rtx is working well for you. Hope you see the lab numbers come in line soon as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great news, Anna. Your labs will be fine, just give it time. You wouldn't be feeling so well if the Wegs were not responding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome news, thanks for posting this.

Anna, here's to running some sick trails together while we're healthy as horses. I'll work hard to get good enough to keep up to you. Treadmill's coming in on the 25th.
    RTX ROX!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is great news Anna!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GREAT news to hear Anna. So glad your strength is returning. Alison has similar quick results that are 'positive'. They administer a pretty powerful punch of IV solumedrol along with those RTX infusions, so that might explain the night sweats.
    Alison is feeling better as well, and has a new part time job lined up. Three cheers for RTX!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone Have to admit I am feeling so lucky to have an easy go this time around, really feel like RTX is a miracle drug, and am so thankful for it. Now just to get off this freaking prednisone...

Marta, right now if you can walk you can keep up with me But today I rejoined the gym, so I am getting geared up! I am so up for actually running some trails soon!!! Enjoy that treadmill!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12