User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Any Advice Welcomed! Just Diagnosed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do we know when the adrenals turn back on?
    Look up Addison's Disease. That's how you will feel when they haven't turned on. So if you don't have any Addison symptoms, then they might be turning on....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Look up Addison's Disease. That's how you will feel when they haven't turned on. So if you don't have any Addison symptoms, then they might be turning on....
    ok thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You won't necessarily feel that bad though. When I was off pred for 2.5 years and my adrenals weren't on I didn't have most of those symptoms. My adrenals were probably barely functioning--just enough to keep me alive--unlike Addison's where there is no function at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    You won't necessarily feel that bad though. When I was off pred for 2.5 years and my adrenals weren't on I didn't have most of those symptoms. My adrenals were probably barely functioning--just enough to keep me alive--unlike Addison's where there is no function at all.
    I llooked up addisons disease and it seems that the abrupt stop of preds can cause secondary adrenal disease, thus why to do it so slowly. I guess we know if the adrenals are working by our energy level increasing. confusing for us w/kidney problems as shuldnt increase salt which is part of treatment. guess we are just a puzzle but I have all these questions. ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    forgot to ask you if you got treatment for adrenal insufficiency when yu were off preds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye is right... It's just an indicator... Things to look for as if you don't already have enough issues to wonder where this or that pain came from.... :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole time I was off pred I knew something wasn't right. None of my docs believed me, though, including Dr Seo. They all said if my adrenals were off I'd be dead. That is true if the adrenals are completely non-functional. But a trickle of function doesn't mean they're fine. They all said the undetectable AM Cortisol must have been an error.

It wasn't until I tapered too fast last year and felt exactly the way I had felt for 2.5 yrs that I realized my adrenals had been off that whole time.
    Last edited by Sangye; 06-17-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole endocrine system is nothing to mess with. Surprising the system works at all, especially with it's tri-axis type behavior.... Pretty remarkable that even a healthy person is able to live from one day to the next.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    The whole endocrine system is nothing to mess with. Surprising the system works at all, especially with it's tri-axis type behavior.... Pretty remarkable that even a healthy person is able to live from one day to the next.....
    boy, you got that right, our systems are so complex. and our bodies are assailed and assaulted daily by hundreds of toxins etc. cant really take the body for granted, its full of surprises!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had a migraine yesterday and had not had one in a looong time, since before I got sick. does this mean my system is getting back to normal? lol

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast