User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Advice Welcomed! Just Diagnosed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elephant, if your triglycerides and HDL are good there's no reason to do anything about a high total cholesterol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye, that makes me feel better. My triglycerides are always low and HDL is always above 70.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's excellent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    If I cough up blood or see blood I go to the ER if is pretty bad. I am a big baby! Rose, How did you bring down your choleterol? Mine has been high for twenty year and I will not go on and meds to reduce it. BUt my HDLs are good.
    oh you all are too funny,make my day! elephant, I dont know what I did except try to eat to help the diabetes, have cut back on the sweets and white foods and eat smaller servings so I was shocked to see such a big drop in all my scores. 186 triglycerides and 213 cholesterol, best scores in 30 years. I used to blame it all on menopause, but now that I have info on the preds and the adrenal glands, wonder if that has anything to do with it. ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rose, you've made the exact dietary changes that impact triglycerides. Most MDs still spout nonsense about lowering your dietary intake of cholesterol and saturated fats (from animal products)--neither of which has been proven in decades of research. The body makes 80% of its cholesterol-- only 20% comes from food. Get rid of the sweets, white foods, and hydrogenated fats and increase veggies, fiber and good oils. Ba-da-bing--healthy heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to work on the sweets, but I do eat 80 percent good. Need to work on the other 20%.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're probably doing just fine, Elephant. Your numbers are great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Rose, you've made the exact dietary changes that impact triglycerides. Most MDs still spout nonsense about lowering your dietary intake of cholesterol and saturated fats (from animal products)--neither of which has been proven in decades of research. The body makes 80% of its cholesterol-- only 20% comes from food. Get rid of the sweets, white foods, and hydrogenated fats and increase veggies, fiber and good oils. Ba-da-bing--healthy heart.
    well I had been told for years to cut back on sugar but didnt until the diabetes, but also when you have no taste from the meds, thats helps. lol but I have been doing this for almost 2 years and it just now dropped. ?? what a complicated body we have...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I need to work on the sweets, but I do eat 80 percent good. Need to work on the other 20%.
    dont we all! cont to decrease the preds, just more achy. having a big problem with the smoke from all the fires around the area, having to wear a maskin the house. yuck read up on the adrenal glands and they do a lot! no wonder we are a mess when they are shut down. no energy, irritable, etc. wonder if they ever come back fully.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the adrenal glands are considered your "battery pack" in holistic terms. Do they ever come back fully? It depends. Many people's might from a medical perspective, but from a holistic perspective only a very small number would recover fully. The problem is that we aren't able to do a lot of the specific treatments to restore them without waking up the Wegs dog.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast