Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blurry Vision

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blurry Vision

I have started developing very blurry vision, I think from the pred. It's been coming on slowly over the last few weeks and am to the point now where I think I need to get some reading glasses. It's equal in both eyes, not just my weggie eye.

If it is the pred, does this continue to worsen over time? Is something that resolves itself as you taper off the pred? Or does it cause permanent damage to the eye?

I'm trying to figure out if I should just grab some drugstore reading glasses and play it by ear or head to the eye doc yet again and plan to invest in some cute long-term glasses from the eye doc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suggest seeing an eye doctor, but I'll say mine seem to fluctuate. Some days my vision is worse than others.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probably due to the pred and will go away as you taper. But to be on the safe side I suggest you see an eye doctor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are your eyes dry? My vision has deteriorated to the point that I can't read a newspaper even with my glasses. I went to the ophthalmologist and he says everything is normal except I have dry eyes. I have been putting Thera tears in them several times a day, every time they feel dry and it has helped. The eye has to have enough fluid around it in order to see correctly. You should have an ophthalmologist check your eyes though because pred does have an impact, as does Methotrexate (I can't remember if you are on that)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    Are your eyes dry?
    My wegs eye is horribly dry and I use artificial tears constantly, the other eye is fine. I have to cycle between a few different brands because they seem to lose effectiveness after a few days. The wegs did a number on that lacrimal gland. The other eye is fine though.

I was just at eye doc a month or so ago (every new dr wants me to see their own favorite) and all was fine but wasn't having any blurry stuff then. Every day I keep hoping to get a call from the JHU clinic but I guess no news is probably kind of good news about me not being terribly urgent! Guess I'll give it the rest of the week or so and then go back to one of the ones I've seen lately if I haven't heard anything. I figure JH will probably want me to see one of theirs so kind of hesitant to go too quick here. These co-pay's are awful - but so thankful I still have insurance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

My vision was really blurry until coming down on the pred. I' m down to 30 mg now and it is improving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    Are your eyes dry? My vision has deteriorated to the point that I can't read a newspaper even with my glasses. I went to the ophthalmologist and he says everything is normal except I have dry eyes. I have been putting Thera tears in them several times a day, every time they feel dry and it has helped. The eye has to have enough fluid around it in order to see correctly. You should have an ophthalmologist check your eyes though because pred does have an impact, as does Methotrexate (I can't remember if you are on that)
    I found out that my eye has an infection in it that cause excess tears and blurry vision. It is so heavy that it collects on my glasses. I am treating it now with antibiotic drops and will switch to Refresh eye drops to lubricate it after that. Eye doctor didn't know if got dry from infection or got infected because it was too dry. I also have another complication in my vision from fluctuating blood glucose levels which also causes blurry vision which fluctuates according to my BG levels. The prednisone also caused and may still be causing watery eyes that blur vision. That also seemed to fluctuate for unknown reasons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found that when I am on the higher doses of pred, like 20 or more, my vision is a bit blurry. I especially notice when playing pool the balls are fuzzy around the edges and almost doubling up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I was on high doses of pred I had high blood glucose levels and had to take medication. I was happy when this helped the blurry vision.
    I went to an opthamologist (I think just for routine check-up), he found the pred was causing glaucoma so I take drops for that. Hope to stop those soon.

The blurry vision was really annoying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LilyPony View Post
    It's equal in both eyes, not just my weggie eye.

Lily - what kind of eye symptoms did/do you have? I recall you saying that you had a biopsy done on your eye - I'm wondering..... what exactly did they biopsy? The eyeball itself?

I had significant eye symptoms in 07/08 (eye lid swelling, scleritis, keratitis), no biopsy was done, as they were still clueless about what was wrong with me. They were on a wild goose chase looking for infection, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast