Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Diagnosed Yesterday

I was diagnosed with WG yesterday.
    I live in Southern California.
    I'm on predizone right now and will start Cytoxan as soon as the insurance approves it.

I'm 54 yrs old, it started with moving joint pain, side aches and rash type bumps on my lower legs.

Michael Dean

My Niece found an interesting article from a mold website- www.mold-survivor.com/Wegener's%20Granulomatosis.html
    It says there have been a lot of these cases in So Cal, I don't know how old the letter is (2001)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

My mother was just diagnosed on thursday, she is 50 and we live in pennsylvania. If you don't mind me asking, what dosages are you currently on? Ive heard a lot of things about patients being over medicated and I wanted to compare my mom with someone in the same boat right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Michael, welcome to the group! I think you might hold the record for fastest person to join the group after diagnosis! LOL

It'll really help you to be in this group right from the start. Lots of support and great info here. What type of involvement do you have right now-- lung, kidney, etc... You won't have any trouble getting cytoxan approved-- it's inexpensive and has been used to treat Wegs for decades.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Michael, welcome. How long do you think you will have to wait on the cytoxins? My Dr wanted me on it right away. I actually started them one day before being diagnosed (we all knew I had WG) and just 2 days after my surgical lung biopsy. I had bad insurance on top of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Ann View Post
    Hello,

My mother was just diagnosed on thursday, she is 50 and we live in pennsylvania. If you don't mind me asking, what dosages are you currently on? Ive heard a lot of things about patients being over medicated and I wanted to compare my mom with someone in the same boat right now.
    Beth, I think they do cytoxin dosages by your weight, correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a great many factors that go into calculating the initial dosage so it would be wrong to try to copy someone else's experience. If you are in particularly bad shape, it is not unknown to start at 1g of Prednisolone, although 60 mg is more usual.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Beth Ann,
    Sorry about your mother.
    I'm currently on:
    60mg Prednisone
    5mg Lisinopril- (blood Pressure) My blood pressure is low to normal, but the doc says it helps the kidneys
    20 mg Omeprazole- for stomach
    What is she on?
    Then I have 2 others- Ondansetron (8mg) & Cyclobenzaprine (10mg)- one is for muscle pain and one for sickness when the I start the crytoxan
    I'm also on some vitamins- Citracal and vitamin D3

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sangye,
    Thanks for the welcome.
    My lungs seem fine but my kidneys are definately affected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Gator,
    I was diagnosed Friday afternoon. We tried get it approved right then but was after 5pm.
    The Rheumatologist precribed it "urgent", I do have good insurance so am assumeing it will approved quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Michael, welcome to the group. I'm also in So Cal, Orange County area. Glad to hear you're starting treatment so quickly. This forum will be very helpful,especially in the beginning. I was diagnosed in December and everyone here was really helpful and supportive.
    Is your kidney involvement what got you diagnosed with WG?
    That letter is interesting, I wish it had more info about where in So Cal they suspect these WG catalysts are coming from. I have some theories about where my WG came from, it would be nice to see if i'm correct or not
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cytoxan costs me 66 a month Canadian at 125mg per day with no drug plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast