User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At Mayo-Throat Surgery in the Morning!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best wishes for successful operations to both of you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Jodi,

You may be reading this after your surgery (submitting a bit late,) but our experience with Mayo and surgery has been fantastic....such nurturing care, and a feeling of complete competence on behalf of the docs and supportive staff there. Being away from your home town is tough no matter where you are, especially in the first few days of recovery, but you are at a wonderful facility.

Try to take a walk outside and look at all the gardens around the hospital that are ready to pound into spring if you are able. There are a few decent restaurants in the area. If the weather is unfavorable, take a tour of the art in Mayo itself. It is a grand hospital, built on a very solid principle of collaborative medicine, with a solid art collection benefacted by generous patrons of the hospital. You are in great hands....

Best Wishes and keep us posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best of luck Jodi...Keep us posted...i had my repair done at KU in kansas city,ks...as my doc said it was a cake walk...but i was nervous just the same....Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today
    you will be amazed at how good you feel
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello All,
    I am back home from Mayo! The surgery went really well. I can breath so much better. Yay!

Thank you all for all the good luck wishes.
    It turned out to be a really long surgery day, we reported to hospital at 11am, I didnt go into surgery until 3 pm and went home that night at 9pm. I always have a hard time waking up from the anesthetic. Mayo staff is excellent, they really take good care of you.
    Post op-my throat is sore and so is my face. They really pull your head back during surgery to get to your throat, so my chin and next are sore too. Nothing bad tho, I was taking liquid advil but I haven't even taken that for about 24 hours now. I am not suppose to talk much, especially no whispering or yelling. I can tell my lungs need strengthening, they are not use to getting some much air in. I am going to start walking to help with that.
    If anyone has questions etc about surgery, I would be happy to fill you in.
    Jodi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy for you Jodi!!! What medicines do they have you on? Are you on prednisone? Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to hear that it has all gone so well and with nothing too unexpected.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brooke-I am on prednisone still, 10 mg and Methatrexate. Dr. Kasperbauer also put me on Keflex. I go back in 6-8 weeks for recheck and I will see Dr. Specks at that time too. He will decide then if he wants to change my meds. Methatrexate is not really working.
    Jodi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that is great the surgery went well and you are feeling better and you have been to Mayo and you have a plan!!! Yay!! Have a great weekend!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast