Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions -how to tapper preds from 10mg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, when i read all of this i realise how crazy i was to go about my taper the way I did...I had just had it i guess. 2.5 years of cytoxan and prednisone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going very slow on the prednisone taper. My Rhuemy wants me to continue to wean off it. I am on 4 mg right now. I will go to 3 1/2 mg in a couple of weeks. I am tapering 1/2 mg every 4-6 weeks depending how I feel. It is harder to wean during the spring because of allergy season and if you have sinus involvement it can be confusing. Is it the WG or the pollen?? If your sinuses are acting up you might just want to stay on prednisone a little longer. Of course ask your Doctor or ENT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default pred concern

I haven't done well trying to go from 10 to 7.5 and now that I am on this 12 day pk which is 60 for 4 days, then you drop to 40 for 4 days and then 20 for 4 days .......I don't know how this will be????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terri, that should be fine. You're not on the higher doses long enough for your body to get used to them.

Elephant, I am SO happy that you're down to 4 mg!! Woot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye, lets hope that I can continue a little further. Cartwheels at 3 mg!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, but I think I'm gonna let you do the cartwheels. I'll just watch and clap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me how it goes Elephant, everytime I try to go lower than 4 my fingers stifen with pain and the coughing starts. Go Elephant Go
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jolanta, how do you taper once you get below 4mg?

It just might not be possible for you to get below it. At my last visit I asked Dr Seo when I could try tapering from 2.5mg and he said "I think you should just surrender gracefully." LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what could have happend to me for stopping i mean tapering prednisone the way I did?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    It just might not be possible for you to get below it. At my last visit I asked Dr Seo when I could try tapering from 2.5mg and he said "I think you should just surrender gracefully." LOL
    Nice to have a doc with a sense of humour!

I'm not liking the taper from 7.5 to 5mg. Lost all the endurance i ever had - feel fat and frumpy and cant walk half as far as i used to cos i just dont have the energy
    I've even given up Zumba which i really enjoyed. I didnt realised how much the pred did for me.

Really want my brain back now, i used to be able to spell and type like anyone else. Took me 3 full hours yesterday to remember the name of an old colleague! Really not like me, please tell me it will level out and i'll feel better soon
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast