Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remicade

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DuaneHart View Post
    They tried Imuran at first but I could not tolerate it so they started Remicade and things turned around. I'm down to 3mg pred, going down 1 mg every 4 weeks plus the mtx weekly. When I get off the pred then they will think about getting off the mtx.
    That sounds like excellent progress and great plan. Glad things are going well for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was pretty mild involvement, but I was still sick. Any kind of Wegener's is no fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for your info. My husband has another hurdle now, he has a cyst in his face close to the ear that appeared late Dec. and an aspiration biopsy found squamous cell carcinoma. MRI on sunday and next week the tumor will be review at a board of doctors at Kaiser Sunset. On top of everything he still has bone showing on his forehead due to a sebaceous and squamous cell carcinoma that was removed in Oct. 2010 using the Mohs method. Now I understand when some make reference to "Midline destructive syndrome".
    Thanks for all the good wishes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had my third iv infusion last thursday. But ...........I was informed it would be my last for sometime. I have to wait 4 weeks then start back on cytx again. have been on methotrxate liquid orally for 12 weeks. swtiched from oral tablet. Lungs are not responding to the treatment so its time to go with heavier meds. this will be my second round with ctyx. oral tabs. Was hoping that the remicade would take care of the swelling with the methotrexate but it hasnt. My swelling is in my hands. have had cysts removed before but swelling came back. Hope your husband finds his cocktail mix soon. I am working on mine again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cysts that you had removed, where they benign? My husband was on Ctyx for 6 month once and for 4 months at another time, but had to be stopped when skin cancer started to show in different places, protein in the urine, etc. At that time were "just" basal cells. Now it is the heavy stuff, sebaceous and squamous on the forehead and now on the side of his face.
    Unfortunately, nothing works for him, so I’m trying different approaches. I read http://hubpages.com/hub/How-I-Cured-Stage-4-Cancer-in-Two-Weeks-For-Less-Than-The-Cost-Of-A-Night-At-The-Movies
    We started to do that with the Habanero peppers, there is a study done at UCLA were researchers found that the heat of habanero peppers shrank tumors by 80%, we take three apricot kernels with every meal, lots of veg. no process foods, we even started with the black (or fermented) garlic that South Koreans are so fond of. Flax seed, chia seed, cottage cheese with flax seed oil, ginger etc.; I really believe that some of these potions are keeping him alive.
    Off to do an MRI. Good luck to you and let us know about your progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. They called them rare white cell masses on the biopsy. The surg. did help relieve the pain but that was most likely due to nerve damage during the surg. which I am greatful for. The pain is no where near what it was before the removel. they went in for one cyst and found three more which they removed also.
    Have they tried graphing with the man made mesh? my mother had a wound that became infected.They tried three times to do a skin graph they wouldnt take. then they used the man made mesh and part of it took then they did it a few more times and finally the whole was covered.It took almost a whole year.But was worth it. my mother is only 64 now but has many medical issues but no wegeners.
    hope the mri goes well. i can nap in them now. I also know most of the techsthat work there,all of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he has an appointment with the surgeon on Thursday, I will ask him about the man made mesh. On the forehead the plastic surgeon did not go with the graph because he has many open sores and did not want to create another problem. The vasculitis on the skin presents like boils in any part of the body, some burst, and takes for ever to heal, some others go away in the same way they came. But actually that is nothing compare with this WG attacks in the lungs, the perforated septum, the throat........ what a nnightmare of a disease!
    On Wednesday have the app. with the oncologist we will see the results of today's MRI. I'll post the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope all went well. It took a few surgs. but it did take for my mom. Hers was on the side of her calf. Started as a thorn wound in the garden. It soon was a gaping whole the size of a silver dollar. She is diabetic also so that didnt help either. Sores are no good. mine seem to take forever to heal and always scare. No matter how big or small. I have the red freckle type rash on my arms and legs. And when the hot flashes come even redder. I also have a folding fan with me at all times. please let us no when you can. Hoping for amazing results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12