Thread: Rituxan, Round 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rituxan, Round 2

Hello,

Just got a call from Mayo about my B-Cells returning. Dr. Keough wants me to do the Rituxan Infusions again. She said she would like me to do the 4 infusions vs 2. I will be starting them in April. She said all of my blood work that I did this month was good and she wants to keep me feeling good and so I think that is the reason for doing the infusions again, even though I am feeling great. She said she doesn't want to wait for me to get sick and then have to go on steroids again. I will see her for follow up this Summer sometime.
    Thats all for now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like both good news and bad news. Good that they want to be proactive and KEEP you healthy, but, did the rituxan have side effects for you? How long did your first round of rituxan keep you healthy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not have any side effects with the Rituxan, I had my first infusions almost a year ago and I am feeling great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. So if we go the Rituxan route, are we looking at infusions once a year or so, even if we (and our lab numbers) are good? This is one question I guess I didn't get an answer to when I was in Cleveland. Are you in medical remission, Brooke? I was kind of hoping not to have to take any meds if the Rituxan works for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now I am only on Symbicort, Bactrim, and my sinus rinses. No Pred right now, I have been off of pred for a few months now, After my first infusions last year, I weaned off of them. I might have to be on a maintenance drug once my B-Cells come back after this next infusion. I hope the Rituxan works for you! So far it has for me!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news Brooke, so happy to hear that RTX is working and it gives hope for everyone who needs to be on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Great news Brooke, so happy to hear that RTX is working and it gives hope for everyone who needs to be on it.
    yes, that is great news and you are now someone we all want to emulate, off the prednisone and feeling great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! Yes, so far everything has been great news for me! I still have the "buzzing" in my ears, I don't remember it going away when I was on Pred, so maybe this is just how it will be which is nothing to complain about. Sometimes I still feel pressure and a little pain in my sinuses, I hope the second round of Rituxan will help that. My energy has been great and I can breathe really good with no wheezing so that is awesome.
    I hope Rituxan works for everybody that needs it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So happy for you! .....and so jealous at the same time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brooke, that's great. Did Dr Keogh say why she's doing 4 infusions instead of 2? Dr Seo said Mayo was the main one doing 2 and had found it to work just as well. So glad you didn't have any side effects from it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast