Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst things about having Wegener's granulomatosis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Number one for me would have to be the deconditioning, gut, decreased lung function, and of course the nose stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And not being able to hold down a regular job too. And then there is the no hearing part.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People telling you "you look fine" when you feel at your worst.
    Sinus pain, post nasal drip, whistling nose.
    Having to remember to take you meds.
    New one for me, Medicine review from your nosey, rude Pharmarcist!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never had a negative experience with a pharmasist. Not to say that they are not nosey-i imagine it is hard not to be when you are prescribing drugs like cytoxan to a healhy looking person.

You look fine is probably one of the biggest causes of feelings of isolation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never had a negative experience with a pharmasist. Not to say that they are not nosey-i imagine it is hard not to be when you are prescribing drugs like cytoxan to a healhy looking person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    Why do we snore so much? My husband says I snore like a bear now, but I don't know why.
    We snore load due to the pred the cause cushing and thick fat necks...per one of my doc...plus uf you have sinus inviovement you may be blocked there too......just get him some ear pluggs and it'll all be good...I have to have a sleeep study...i have sleep apnea due to this stuff lucky me
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me nothing is worse than the fatigue and pred weight. The fatigue keeps me from doing almost everything I love, and the pred weight is just miserable and unbudgeable.

Also, waking up feeling lousy every single day. That really bums me out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post

All my pharmacists have treated me well, but as as one of there best customers I expect good service. If they screw up to many times I switch to another pharmacy but am happy with one I am currently using except they don'[t know how to bill for my insulin so i go to another one for that. I use a local Walgreens and like the auto refill service, email or phone TXT notices and phone calls telling me when meds are ready for pickup have. They have a nice waiting area, all the staff know me by name, and they review any potential side effects or med conflicts with me and the service is usually quick. sometimes I have to wait for them to serve another person first but usually there is no wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is part of the pharmacist's job to be "nosy" since they are the ones who keep an eye open for possible drug interactions and knowing your problems also helps them to recommend proprietary medications for every day problems. Mine is really helpful. He collects my repeat prescriptions from my doctor's office and seldom makes a mistake.

I think it is important to build a relationship with your pharmacist and that they should have access to all your medication requirements.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was probably the way she was wording the questions and the look of disgust on her face that made me feel she was nosey. After she had asked me what was wrong with me and asked me to spell Wegs she said that telling her it was an auto immune disease would've been sufficient information. My Pharmacy is my local Asda (Walmart) and i order my meds myself online. She then argued with me over a steroid spray because the ENT has written a 3 month script and the solitions only lasts a month. She was asking me why he had put 3 months supply down when he knows they run out after a month, and that she couldnt give it all to me and i'd have to come back next month. They only do the med reviews at Asda cos they get £28 a time to do it. And to be honest i find them more professional at Asda (on the whole) than my local Boots .
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast