User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What causes Wegener's Granulomatosis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chas, my husband, Mitch, is a part owner of an embroiderery business...lots of fabric dust floating around in the air. His brother owned a printing business for 20 yrs. and is now in line for lung transplants....This leads me to believe that what you're saying might be true....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B- here. Exposed to normal farm chemicals growing up and then the wonderful smell of freedom (aka, jet fuel) for a good portion of my adult life. I seriously doubt that either had anything to do with me getting wegs.

Finding a cause is one of the big mysterys they are working on. I'm told that if you give dna to one of the studies in the foundation, then it goes to all of them. I hope that is the case as I did give to Mt Sinai in Toronto. I'll have to ask the folks at SLC. If I need to give more dna or participate in some other way in the studies, I'm certainly going to do it.

"there is nothing you've done or could of done to change the outcome".
    Sure have to agree with what your doc told you. Don't beat yourself up because one, "no one knows" and two, "it's highly unlikely".

As for, does it primarily affect caucasians? Hard to say.... Click here for previous discussion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    B- here. Exposed to normal farm chemicals growing up and then the wonderful smell of freedom (aka, jet fuel) for a good portion of my adult life. I seriously doubt that either had anything to do with me getting wegs.
    You might find this study interesting, vdub. Short-term exposure to JP-8 jet fuel results in lo... [Toxicol Ind Health. 1997 Sep-Oct] - PubMed result

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The memories....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting study indeed... I wonder if they mean exposure to the raw fuel or the burned fuel (exhaust). Mine, of course, would have been exposure to the burned fuel and probably a lot less than ground crew personnel who had it day-in and day-out. It kind of sounds like they mean raw fuel which would then tend to limit things to refueling people and maintenance personnel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have no idea. I just found that study by doing a quick google of "jet fuel and autoimmune disease."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes i think back to my very first wg flare-pre diagnosis. I had gone to my best friends wedding and drank more than i ever had before. to be fair...my life long grade-high shcool crush was also there and i had to show him what hed been missing. anyhow, i was quite hung over the next day and the next day, and the day after that. By the 6th day, one of my employees suggested that perhaps i was not still hung over. musta been the wisky, coulda been the gin. lol. thats what caused my wg. ok maybe not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe it's caused by a visit from the Weg's Fairy....
    fat-fairy-for-carson-city-personal-training-blog.jpg
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    I heard on tv today that people with type b blood are more likely to have autoimune dissorders
    I'd poo poo that idea as i'm B- and i'm never ill...my partner with Wegeners is A+ like some of the other members...maybe thats it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    musta been the wisky, coulda been the gin. lol. thats what caused my wg. ok maybe not.
    I had a similar experience. My first thought was, "What did I drink to give me a headache like this?" So that proves that we are all just suffering from hangover complications!
    Jack

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast