User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: What causes Wegener's Granulomatosis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive read both. My friend has lupus and her sister has scleroderma. Ive met several families who all have an auto immune.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe there are some autoimmune diseases that do have a genetic link. So far (as far as I know), no one has yet found found a genetic link for WG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! This is a hoot!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon, me....assuming it's you..otherwise, that was a rude remark on my part...and I'm sorry if that is the case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work in a retail store but, I live with in a town which has a refineory and I have heard that the chemicals that they put out every day may have effects on our communities health. I am guessing its got to do with chemicals some where.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a refinery accross the street from where I work that recycles oil. They've had 32 EPA complaints in 2 years...I really think they are part of my original problem, but if course there is no way to prove that.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is so hard to say what the cause is. There are plenty of people with WG who lived in relatively chemical-free environments. I am no scientist, but, in IMHO, chemicals might be a trigger, but not a cause. I believe we are most likely predisposed to WG or some other autoimmune disease due to genetics and then some trigger actually flares the disease.

Juvenilie Diabetes is generally thought to be a genetic disease, but some people are now thinking it is either caused or triggered by a viral attack. My son has JD and 3 kids on our block, including my son, came down with JD within a years time. I don't think that was coincidence. Eventually, we might find out what causes WG, but it will be a while....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry to hear that your son has JD. I was in the ER once and there was a little boy in the adjacent bed who'd just been dx'ed with it. He was about 5 years old and I still remember him crying with panic when they told him he'd have to do shots his entire life. His parents were trying to hold it together but they were completely shaken. I was in the ER for something serious, but I remember thinking it was nothing compared to the pain they were all going through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've spent so much time and energy trying to figure out what caused mine. I'm kind of coming around to not caring, although if it's because of exposure to chemicals or something in the environment, it'd be nice to know so I could avoid contact with whatever it is. But it just takes too much energy to worry about it like I used to!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here. I know mine was caused by toxins so I do the best I can to avoid them. Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy organic or farm-raised food like I used to so I'm getting a lot of toxins that I wasn't before. I try not to think about that, either since there's no way around it.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast