User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What causes Wegener's Granulomatosis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have NO idea what type of blood i have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B+ blood type here. I have often wondered if my Wegs was triggered by mold exposure at my last townhouse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B- blood type for my daughter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom always thought our old apartment is what got me sick. Thats when it all started, there was black mold behind the tub and they just put a new tub in, didn't clean it or remove it. I forgot what blood type I have, I am thinking B .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is exactly what happened in my old rental too, it was behind the tub and the bath/shower surround. I was a huge fan of reading in the bath (it was my me time after my husband got home) and would sometimes spend hours in the tub. Especially, on nights when my sinuses were giving me such problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Head cold triggered mine

In my case, I was 100% healthy until catching a nasty head cold from someone who'd been overseas. All of us coworkers got pretty sick from it, presumably because we had no immunity to that particular bug. It was "just" a head cold though. Few people needed antibiotics from sinus infections but really just your basic head cold. I went to bed feelign cruddy and woke up with what was diagnosed about a year later as wegs.

Later, we found out there was a lot of mold and asbestos in the house but we hadn't started renovating until after my diagnosis. I don't think there was any asbestos exposure because it hadn't been disturbed, but the mold was in the sheetrock around the HVAC vents so it's likely it was circulating in the air. It was tested negative for the toxic deadly type of mold you read about but it was nasty stuff nonetheless.

Oh, and I'm an A+ blood type "perfect" as can be!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm A+ blood type, but I'm really interested in the issue of mold. We had a water leak created by an ice dam two and a half years ago (so about 9 months before I first got sick.) Water leaked in around the chimney - our bedroom shares a wall with the living room where the fireplace is located and our bedroom carpet got soaked all along that wall. Our landlord took a long time to get the fix going - now I'm wondering if there might be some mold somewhere and might have been the trigger...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely there are countless sources which could have caused our autoimmune systems to go into overdrive? - I'm a little surprised that a worker is quoted in this thread as having contracted WG due to exposure to solvents in his workplace then successfully sued his employer. That is astonishing. This would indeed be an unique occurrence and I'd like to learn more about it. Does anyone have any sources/links?

I'm B Rhesus D+
    Last edited by Kimbangu; 04-13-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My blood type is O+. No known exposure to toxins that I can think of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kimbangu, it was someone I knew in another Wegs group. If you PM me I'll give you the link and his name.

It's nice to see you-- how are things going?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast