User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neti pot question (really gross, sorry)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also use the neil med bottles twice a day and maybe should/could use it more. My nose is better by doing this, but no where near perfect. I also put in a Rose Hip solution daily or twice daily (depending when I remember) that was prescribed to me by by WEG/ENT from the Mayo in Rochester, MN. Instead of the petroleum that Rose talked about. I also humidify my house, in the winter, when it is dry all the time. Two humidifiers in my bed room and one in my kitchen. Those are my two places I spend the most time at home. It helps! Without it, I would be suffering much more.
    I figure this is the way it will be for me the rest of my life...so I accept it and move on.
    Coffeelover

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Don't be embarassed to ask - it's OK

Maybe the Neilmed bottle would give you just a little more pressure than a neti pot. Half way through the rinse I would actually draw the water back down the back of my throat as the crusting was on the back of my throat also and very annoying. Water seemed to come out of every hole on my face doing this but I got used to it. I'm in remission, but still on Imuran and Bactrim DS and my nose has never been clearer in all my life. Have you ever learnt the Buteyko ???? method of breathing which is used for asthmatcs to clear their nose. You exhale all the air in your lungs, hold your nose for as long as you can stand it then remove your fingers off your nose and then you must breathe in VERY VERY shallowly through your nose. You feel as if your lungs are about to explode but it is good for clearing the nose and if you have asthma can quickly relieve that tight feelin which allows you to avoid using puffers - ventolin.
    Regards Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I did not get on very well with a neti pot and needed to use a much greater volume of liquid squirted from a 50ml syringe. I think that my nose required industrial scale treatment!
    Jack, I agree w/you, the neti pot didnt seem to have enough power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coffeelover View Post
    I also use the neil med bottles twice a day and maybe should/could use it more. My nose is better by doing this, but no where near perfect. I also put in a Rose Hip solution daily or twice daily (depending when I remember) that was prescribed to me by by WEG/ENT from the Mayo in Rochester, MN. Instead of the petroleum that Rose talked about. I also humidify my house, in the winter, when it is dry all the time. Two humidifiers in my bed room and one in my kitchen. Those are my two places I spend the most time at home. It helps! Without it, I would be suffering much more.
    I figure this is the way it will be for me the rest of my life...so I accept it and move on.
    Coffeelover
    unfortunately you are probably right and it is now a lifelong problem. I feel so gross with having to spit out or blow gunk all the time. do you get any dizziness? I do at times depending on how my sinuses are doing. and it's always been more on my right side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Maybe the Neilmed bottle would give you just a little more pressure than a neti pot. Half way through the rinse I would actually draw the water back down the back of my throat as the crusting was on the back of my throat also and very annoying. Water seemed to come out of every hole on my face doing this but I got used to it. I'm in remission, but still on Imuran and Bactrim DS and my nose has never been clearer in all my life. Have you ever learnt the Buteyko ???? method of breathing which is used for asthmatcs to clear their nose. You exhale all the air in your lungs, hold your nose for as long as you can stand it then remove your fingers off your nose and then you must breathe in VERY VERY shallowly through your nose. You feel as if your lungs are about to explode but it is good for clearing the nose and if you have asthma can quickly relieve that tight feelin which allows you to avoid using puffers - ventolin.
    Regards Carol
    I did try the neilmed bottle and liked it better. may try the Buteyko method, sounds interesting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the squeeze bottle but if like more power in the rinse the water pik machine is a good device too. It also may be safer than trying to squeeze the NeilMed bottle too hard to get more force.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have only used the NeilMed bottle, if this has more pressure than the others, I will stick to it. I feel like I need a lot to get that gunk out of there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I have only used the NeilMed bottle, if this has more pressure than the others, I will stick to it. I feel like I need a lot to get that gunk out of there.
    I am so happy! I got my latest labwork back and the BUN and creatnine were w/in norms and EGFR was 50! this is the best so far, yahoo... the white blood count was down to 12000. am I finally making some progress??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Cozzette View Post
    I feel so gross with having to spit out or blow gunk all the time. do you get any dizziness? I do at times depending on how my sinuses are doing. and it's always been more on my right side.

I have the same problem RoseCozzette and i get disgusted looks off of my family when i do blow or spit out the gunk. And i too occasionally get dizziness, got it today as it happens but then i've not rinsed my nose! Opps!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    I have the same problem RoseCozzette and i get disgusted looks off of my family when i do blow or spit out the gunk. And i too occasionally get dizziness, got it today as it happens but then i've not rinsed my nose! Opps!
    so its obvious that ther is permanent damage to the sinuses, I had wanted the ENT to go in and scope the nose to see or do a scan but he didnt think it was that important. geez... is your vocal quality changed? my voice is so different now and I get concerned, being retired sp therapist I know that a chronic condition can cause serious problems down the road, but again he didnt seemed concerned. so am planning to move to Denver area soon and will find new ENT who knows more abt weggies. still dry and windy here so sinuses cont on...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast