Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Close Encounters...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Close Encounters...

Took the plunge and made contact with Pat Burnside of the Vasculitis UK Trust this week who kindly gave me the details for the Essex Support Group.I called Jack on the tuesday for any info and he said they were meeting up the next evening down at a local pub. Thats how we found ourselves sitting down with like minds (and bodies!) spending a very enjoyable evening. 6 Weggies in total with a whole raft of different symptoms and medication. Jack got the Gold Star as he is coming up for 12 months off Pred, what a star!. Kate had first been diagnosed 18 years ago and like Pete, another attendee, had lost her hearing but 'sparkled' during the evening. I came away with my spirits lifted at the positive attitude shown by all, those with the disease and those who cared for them. Forthcoming event in Cambridge on Sunday 10th April when special registrar, Dr Rona Smith will be talking about Vasculitis. Contact Jenny Fulford Brown on 01223-565967 for further details.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooer sounds very interesting Geoff! Wish they would come a bit further this way...although Cambridge isnt too bad. Keep me updated for more meetings!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff, you mean you and Jack were both there? The Jack from this Forum? Wow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Phil, No sadly the Guv'nor lives in the centre of the UK and the Jack I was referring to is someone who lives 'local' i.e in the County of Essex. He has been to 'the edge' with Wegs and yet maintains a very upbeat attitude.