Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting ready for Mayo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Getting ready for Mayo

ok....2 days left to pack and get everything lined up...my CRP is up to 8...so i am tired my joints hurt and my sinuses are going crazy...so Monday can
    not come soon enough...atleast Dr Specks will see me flaring...just don't want to end up back on the hospital
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarie View Post
    ok....2 days left to pack and get everything lined up...my CRP is up to 8...so i am tired my joints hurt and my sinuses are going crazy...so Monday can
    not come soon enough...atleast Dr Specks will see me flaring...just don't want to end up back on the hospital
    Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    Good luck with everything DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarie View Post
    Dr Specks will see me flaring...just don't want to end up back on the hospital
    I used to feel the same way and tried to not be admitted, but they even resorted to tricking me into staying on one occasion. "Go and meet the doctor in room XYZ" they told me, "It is easier for him to see you there." So I trotted along, only to find that it was the admissions examination room!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I used to feel the same way and tried to not be admitted, but they even resorted to tricking me into staying on one occasion. "Go and meet the doctor in room XYZ" they told me, "It is easier for him to see you there." So I trotted along, only to find that it was the admissions examination room!
    Thanks for the heads up ,,Jack,,,I will try and only stay in one room...but if i have to be admitted then i guess Mayo is the place to be....my last hospitalization was here in missouri and they did excellent at treating the symptoms and side effects of WG but very few had any clue what WG was.....so if i can just find everything and put it in one spot to load in my sister in laws car...i will be good ...my biggest fear is i will forget something important ...better make a list....dang old pred
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Luck LisaMarie with that list!! Wishing you all the very Best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    ROTFL Oh my gosh, that's hilarious.

LisaMarie, SO glad you're finally going to get proper care. Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck! I had an excellent experience with Mayo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck Lisa Marie! He's a good doc...they have an excellent crew there. Take pictures of some of the art collections...they are beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok saw my WG doc here yesterday to collect some final things and discuss my trip to Mayo...He increased my pred to 40 mg daily and put me on levaqin 750 mg for 5 days...My face is so swollen and my sinuses are swollen and sore he said I needed more than 20 or 30 mg of pred...so here I am a t 40 again..atleast i can get alot of reading done while I am up all night for the next week or so..I do have those darn old CEU to complete to keep my florida Nursing active......lol.....missouri does not require them and that is where i currently work ......so i kinda forgot about them with all this WG stuff going on....My eyes are so swollen when i smile they are almost closed...so my son said i finally became filipino like him...I had to laugh...getting ready to review my packing list and my question list.......I am basically out of options with my Doc done here so hopefully Mayo will be my saving grace.....I will kee you all posted and take lots of pic of the area to send you all if i can figure out how to do it or link it to faace book.....computers and pred do not work well together....oh and by the way for all my choclate lovers did yall know they see a Cadbury bar that has honey comb in it ...they are so yummy...i had to hide the bag....now if i remember where it is for the trip all will be good...have a great week end

Lisa Marie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast