Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is crusting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is crusting?

This might seem a silly question to some, but I've always wondered and never fully understood what "nasal crusting" is?

Sorry if this sound gross but is it anything like dried snot, like it sticks to the inside of your nose or is it something "further" up inside your nose? How do you know what's crusting and whats just snot from a cold or something similar like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is dried mucus / blood / other discharge and during a bad Wegener's flare it can build up all the way through your nasal cavities back to the sinus and throat areas. There is no hope of breathing through it and when flushed out with saline the plugs can be almost as big as your little finger. If you are tempted to grab the end and pull it out, not only will it probably cause a bad bleed, but it feels like you are pulling your brains out!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YIKES!

Well, that makes me feel a bit better about the dried little lumps of snot I keep getting at the moment, I was worried it might be "crusting" but from the sounds of it, I think its just dried snot caused by the dryness of my nose at the moment. My nose is sooo incredibly dry it's driving me crazy! Think it might be central heating n stuff that is causing it at the moment...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great explnation Jack thats totally how it feels like, at its worse i did the helping along bit !!! scared myself silly stick to douching now and yes im worse when central heating is on
    intetesting time in our house i turn it down because of nose and hubby turns up because he is cold

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And i bet the nose wins in the end DEE. hahaa!

I did a lot of damage to my nose by "helping" the crusting along. Stick to the saline solution now which is far more gentle by comparison.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malin View Post
    YIKES!

Well, that makes me feel a bit better about the dried little lumps of snot I keep getting at the moment, I was worried it might be "crusting" but from the sounds of it, I think its just dried snot caused by the dryness of my nose at the moment. My nose is sooo incredibly dry it's driving me crazy! Think it might be central heating n stuff that is causing it at the moment...
    My ENT man recommended STERIMAR or NASOGEL to help with dryness. Never tried them though. Anyone?
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure does for some reason when mine is bad i tend to get the sneezzes sp and it sorts its self out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not heard of them Hammy but just remembered last time i went to WG consult he tokd me not to use Naseptin Nasal cream

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEE View Post
    Sure does for some reason when mine is bad i tend to get the sneezzes sp and it sorts its self out
    Likewise DEE, I get something approaching 8 on the Richter scale with my sneezing. It works a treat tho!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL can not believe im sat here having a coversation about snot and crusting this is what WG brings us to BUT it brings great friends to laugh about theses things with

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast