Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is crusting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack
    Atleast you have brains to pull out...lol...mine are all ate up by pred...i use a warm to slightly hot sinus toilet to clean out my nose and the crusty.....and it is not always a pleasant experience ...but i do at times see some interesting things from a nursing prespective...lol
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first time I got one, I was shocked! And slightly sickened by the sight of the crusts. Now, I'm pretty used to them.

I saw an ENT (Dr. Knott) when I was out at the Cleveland Clinic in January and he has me using mupiricin 2%, mixed thoroughly into a liter of saline, and then I use a 50cc toomey syringe to irrigate my nose with the mixture a couple of times a day. They also have a nasal cream that the CCF pharmacy makes that I am using. I was doing neti pot and Pretz spray prior to my CC visit, but Dr. Knott said it wasn't quite aggressive enough for Wegs patients with heavy sinus involvement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy8241 View Post
    My ENT man recommended STERIMAR or NASOGEL to help with dryness. Never tried them though. Anyone?
    I was recommended Sterimar by the so called ENT consultant, its pants. It takes an awful lot more effort as its made with sea salt water, so for one thing it isnt as soft on your nose as saline and two it doesnt shift our hardcore crusting! Stick to the neilmed, that is my advice anyway. I wasted my money on Sterimar for years.

I have seen some startling things coming out of my nose. I was thinking of saving some and comparing cos it really is shocking sometimes just how big the crusts are! Nice to know there are people out there who suffer as much as i do!

And Geoff my sneezing used to be legendary in my last workplace. People eventually stopped blessing me! And then you get thoe who look at you like you are passing on the plague one sneeze at a time. Gotta laugh.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEE View Post
    ROTFL can not believe im sat here having a coversation about snot and crusting this is what WG brings us to BUT it brings great friends to laugh about theses things with
    Apart from an ENT, who else could you discus this sort of subject with? The same goes for some of the other more gross aspects of Wegener's. "Normal" people don't want to hear it.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To right Jack , how are you doing at the moment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having quite a good day (for me) today.

Hope everyone else can say the same.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy8241 View Post
    My ENT man recommended STERIMAR or NASOGEL to help with dryness. Never tried them though. Anyone?
    I don't know about those specific products but any thing that contains thin KY jelly should work good to relieve drying in nasal passages. The tubes work fine and are much cheaper but you then have to insert the jell with fingers or q-tip. In nursing home and hospital they used surgical jell inserted with q tips to keep my nasal passages from drying out. This also helps prevents the severe nosebleeds when a dry crust comes lose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the chunks I get out are still large, even the size of my whole pinky finger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Some of the chunks I get out are still large, even the size of my whole pinky finger.
    i know that feeling!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for this topic, though it's rough at breakfast But this really helps me to understand that I don't appear to have any sinus issues of note at this point
    ~ Bob

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast