Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Stenosis Dilation Dilemma

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr. VillaForte is the doc you guys share I believe.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob,
    Settling for a life of dilation could be worse, it will give you relief instantly. I had it dilated 6 times in one year with about 2 weeks to 4 months between, then I went 8 months between, can't figure out why some last and others don't. I find for me, my breathing is effected by food sometimes sugar makes me wheeze, so I try to cut all of that out of my diet.
    do you find anything makes it worse at times or am I the only unlucky one to have Sugar be my trigger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donna88 View Post
    Bob,
    Settling for a life of dilation could be worse, it will give you relief instantly. I had it dilated 6 times in one year with about 2 weeks to 4 months between, then I went 8 months between, can't figure out why some last and others don't. I find for me, my breathing is effected by food sometimes sugar makes me wheeze, so I try to cut all of that out of my diet.
    do you find anything makes it worse at times or am I the only unlucky one to have Sugar be my trigger
    Sugar is a problem for me, too. If I overdo it, it can increase any of my symptoms, whether it be wheezing, sinus congestion, ear pain, or whatever. Luckily haven't had the stenosis problem as yet, and wheezing is more from sinus drainage getting into my bronchial tubes, plus I have a history of asthma.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since going on a cpap machine my wheezing is greatly reduced. I do get wheezing after food though, I'm going to have to start recording what I eat to see if there is a corolation.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had over 20 dilatations since 2005 - but now, I don't need them anymore. I found the surgeries very easy to tolerate, and I would be home on the same day.

Good luck, Gwen

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910