Thread: Our Book - Just a Reminder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Our Book - Just a Reminder

Hello Weggies,

Just a reminder that the book project is still on. I've had several submissions already (all gentlemen incidentally) and thought I'd put the bug in your ear again if you've forgotten.

I'm not pushing (we still have quite a bit of time) just reminding to get it in the brain again and start thinking about the story.

If you want more info, here's a page on my blog that describes it further... Weggies Unite: The Book

If you haven't got an outline and want to play, PM me and I'll fire it off to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had no energy or incentive to type out anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a pity Phil because your journey is definetly 'worthy' of recording. Take some time and mull it over, I found it quite a cathartic experience to jot down my experience. We all travel such different paths to get here. Marta's enthusiasm and purpose warrants as much response as we can give. Its our chance to 'strike back'. Some of the recent postings about medical research and discovery is giving me an uplift. Lets keep the momentum going!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I enjoyed writing mine and having a framework ready supplied to work within makes things a lot easier. I would urge anyone who is considering it to give it a try. There is no reason why it should take too long, but it can be surprisingly easy to ramble on once you get started.

Marta - I still need to send you a photo and my details, I have not forgotten.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. You're da bomba.

Phil. Take your time. It's not a rush, and I know you've been through the ringer since I pulled this together. I agree with Jack and Geoff though, that your story is definitely worth telling, and I wouldn't write it off (pardon the pun). If you want, you can tape it and send it to me if that makes it easier. But like I said we still have lots of time, I just wanted to put the bug in everyone's ear again.

I think I have a publisher for our book too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not left the ringer since mid November.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another reminder and maybe some of our new member might see this that haven't seen it before and want to contribute their stories.

Lemme know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am slowly but surely working on it ...been trown some curve balls lately so trying to mangae my time and rest to avoid hospitalization......I really hate this WG roller coaster...hopefully I will find out more answers in May when i go back to Mayo...Thanks for the reminder
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Marta -
    How do we do this again? Just fill out the outline that you email us? Can you email it to me again?
    Thank you,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the information of those who have not considered doing this yet, Marta has made it very easy. There are a pre defined series of subsections provided and all you have to do is write a couple of paragraphs for each one. At least, that is what I wrote, but it is totally up to you how little or how much you do.

I enjoyed the exercise and would urge anyone considering it to take part.

(I'm still pestering my daughter to dig out an old photograph of me - I'll make it the task for the week! )
    Jack

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast