Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rituximab Round Three

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. It's such an amazing thing to see the Dalai Lama in person, I can't describe it. And to sit among the other Buddhist monks and nuns from all traditions is just glorious. July 6 is the Dalai Lama's birthday, making this an especially precious time to be with him. I don't care if I have to be pushed in a wheelbarrow, I'm not missing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would feel that way, too! I really, really, really hope you and Dr. Seo can figure out what's not working the way it's supposed to and get you to a much better place, healthwise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry you have to go through more rtx rounds, knowing it will make you sick before making you better. But, you have just enough time to squeeze the treatments in before going to DC!! Hurry hurry! Maybe that trip will be just what you need to keep you going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Fortunately I live in the DC suburbs so I don't have to travel far to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, so sorry Sangye. Why do you have to do a stool sample?
    Hopefully it can be something easily treated and it's not Wegs.
    If it is the Wegs (sounds like it is since you know your pattern), would they treat you with Rituxan this soon? Even with zero B cells?
    If so, hopefully you could start them next Tuesday and be finished by the end of this month and then you would have all of June to start feeling better.
    I had my last Infusion just last Thursday and I felt really tired and achy afterwards and did not feel good at all on Friday, then on Saturday and Sunday I felt better as far as tiredness and achiness goes but I had a stomach bug and had diarrhea and stomach cramps really bad, starting to feel better today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to do a stool sample because I've been having diarrhea and abdominal cramping with anything I eat. I've gotten it to slow down by taking digestive enzymes and probiotics, but it's still not normal. It's been going on for several months. It might be some sort of GI infection which could be stressing my body and causing the Wegs to increase.

I'm glad you're starting to feel better! It's weird that you're also having GI issues. Do you think you had the bug before the rtx?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is strange Sangye, us both having GI Issues. I did the 4 infusions, so it was just after this last one that I started feeling crumby. The morning before my last infusion, I was crabby, emotional, annoyed, stressed (probably because close to that time of month)..... Or I guess just starting to a bug or something. Sorry if TMI but I don't remember having diarrhea like I did, basically felt like water coming out.
    I don't think I had a bug prior to my first infusion though.
    I hope you get some answers really soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brooke, I found this info about rtx side effects. It says more than 15% of Weggies got GI symptoms like diarrhea in one of the rtx studies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a colonoscopy next week on the 11th. Hopefully that will shed some more light on my case as well.

Sangye,I hope the tests and stool samples will show something that you do not have to take the rtx so soon again. I just wish that you could feel better and get out for walks with your dogs.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too, Phil.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast