Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prednisone Acne??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Prednisone Acne??

how the heck you get rid of the acne side of prednisone..i clean my face..and my hair and still get acne on scalp and some on my forehead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has nothing to do with cleanliness. It's purely hormonal. There's not much you can do to make it better, but sugar and salt in your diet will sometimes make it worse. It'll go away as you taper the pred.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What dose of Pred are you on? I had the same problem for a long time... tiny, hard little bumps. As we tapered my Pred dose it went away. So, just be patient. I know that'[s probably not what you wanted to hear, seems we WG patients are always being told to be patient... but yeah, be patient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misskay View Post
    What dose of Pred are you on? I had the same problem for a long time... tiny, hard little bumps. As we tapered my Pred dose it went away. So, just be patient. I know that'[s probably not what you wanted to hear, seems we WG patients are always being told to be patient... but yeah, be patient.
    That's the way it's manifesting in me. Small hard raised bumps that never seem to go away. I'm down to 4.5 mg/day but they still haven't gone away. At least they're no longer showing up at the rate of 2-3 new ones a week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still had them at 4 mg, and now at 2.5 mg they're less. I also had large painful ones at times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im still on 50mg of pred..but tapering..last time i had the acne and i tapered they went away at about 30mg..so hopefully thats when they do this time...i just wanted to see if there was a preventive mesure against it..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally!! A pred side effect I don't have. I probably just jinxed myself. I'll be breaking out by morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had this too for long periods of time- right along with the pred. I think I tried everything. My diet has been at times exemplory and still it didn't help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was younger in my early twenties, I was on high doses of prednisone and I had ton of pimples. I was put on Retina A topical cream. It worked! Now that I am older I got maybe get one or two pimples...nothing to cry about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my acne went away..guess the taper is workikng..lol all is good so far..down too 30 mg...yup yup.. and only taking one eye drop a day..but still on 175mg of cytoxan though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast