Thread: Sad!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sad!!

Hello All,

I read my local paper's Obituaries today and their was a 36 year old male who died of Wegeners!

The obit read- "he waged a brave and courageous battle against a rare disease known as Wegeners Granulomatosis, a form of Vasculitis".

I have never seen that in print before and it just hit me, hard! No one should die from this disease!
    Thank goodness for all the awesome advice we get from each other. Thank You all!

God Speed to you Hud!

Jodi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that is odd to name it. Tho i dont see why diseases shouldnt get as much press as any other condition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to hear that he lost the battle, but I'm sort of glad to see that they named Wegener's, I mean if someone dies of cancer they don't hesitate to say so. Maybe it will help raise awareness of the public AND health professionals...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is so sad, and to die so young, sorry to hear that.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How sad.... A lot of people do die from Wegs or complications from it. 36 is so young.

Personally I don't like calling it a "battle" or say I'm fighting Wegs. I know it's common to do that with serious illness, but to me it means that life is a war and dying means you lost. Our society thinks the only way we can show strength is to say we're fighting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right Sangye, and the truth is we arnt battling, we're living. And thats the most important thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Sangye on this one. I hate for life to be couched in terms of winning and losing.

I am happy, however, to see WG mentioned in the press at any time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I DO think of it as a battle... not a war, but a battle. I'm one of those people that has to get mad at something to really fight it I guess. May not work for some, some may not agree... but it's what works for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts go out to his family, it is hard to acknowledge the fact that you can die thru this disease. I have tried to live my life in denial of this fact but have realised that you have to face your demons. As for it being a 'battle' and fighting the disease, I try to avoid confrontation and getting agitated about issues. I abhor negativity and as such end up walking away from the TV set!! I rely on sunshine and trying to adopt a positive outlook, throw in a touch of humour and I'm sorted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is horrible, I read his obituary. I live in South Dakota as well, and so does jtausan. Hud Benjamin Smith Obituary: View Hud Smith's Obituary by Rapid City Journal Here is the link. I wonder if this came on right away or if he had some sort of other complication. Either way it is so sad to hear. (Jody) Jtausan, how have you been feeling? Did you make any appointments in Sioux Falls or at Mayo? Hope you are doing well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast