Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaky Hands

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shaky Hands

My hands have been pretty shaky for a couple weeks now. I started my oral Cytoxan as of the first of the year, could this be tiredness/weakness from that? Has anyone else expirienced this?

Thanks.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi Nicola i was taking oral cxt and preds and had the shakes on and off which eventually settled hope they do the same for you DEEx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much pred are you on? When I was on high doses my hands shook so much I couldn't write.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently on 60mg/ day. I see my Rheumy next Monday, I'm hoping they will start lowering my Pred then. I've been on the 60mg/ day for almost 6 weeks now.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad to hear it's not just me and will hopefully start getting better.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    How much pred are you on? When I was on high doses my hands shook so much I couldn't write.
    ditto to Sangye's post got better as preds were lowered

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I had trouble eating due to shakes when on higher dosages of prednisone. I was also on higher dosages of Cytoxan at same time so don't know what caused shakes. shakes seemed to go away as both drugs were reduced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drz, I'm currently on 150mg/ day of Cytoxan, were you on a higher dose than that?
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was diagnosed in December 2009. After treatment started I have had a few relapses. In November 2009, after being admitted to hospital, my Prednisilone was put back up to 80mg daily. It is now down to 30 mg and the shakes are disappearing. Now my biggest problem at night is that my throat is totally dry and my tongue is covered in yellow patches. My sense of taste is not very good now. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has the same and the treatment used before I see my doctor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NicShaf View Post
    drz, I'm currently on 150mg/ day of Cytoxan, were you on a higher dose than that?
    No that was my maximum of Cytoxan along with 70 mg prednisone at the top dosage. Both were reduced fairly quickly though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was up and down on Prednisone for two years and each time, I could tell the hand shakes for me was the Prednisone. I couldn't even match my credit card signature for a while! Along with that were the foot cramps (low potassium) but eating about 3 bananas a day helped keep that away and of course the confused & muddled mind, even a simple decision was so hard to make because there were all these emotions and thoughts going through my head.

Wow, it's a wonder I could even function back then, but Nicole, you'll get through it, just hang in there and crack a few jokes about the shaky hands and being high on drugs!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast