Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question regarding sinus involvement

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to keep an eye on it. I see the doctor the week after next so I'll likely ask her to take a close look at the nose then. Overall I feel so much better than I have in a while, that it seems weird to have to worry about this. Thanks for the concern though...I'll let you guys know if they do find it to be anything.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About a year ago I was describing some bizarre new symptoms to Dr Seo. He said, "I don't know what that is, but let's just observe it for now. You have many things that appear and disappear on their own, and we don't need to get too worried about them unless they persist." I've learned to view it that way now, too. Hopefully whatever your nose is doing will clear up on its own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is good advice. If I reported every new symptom I would be living my life in the doctor's surgery so most of it has to just run its course. There is of course a danger in this approach that an important symptom can go untreated for too long so you need to think long and hard about some of it and be prepared to take action if unsure. Waiting to see just how bad it will get is probably not a good policy.

Although this is my official line, I'm just as prone to denial as many others on here and do tend to leave things longer than I should. Or perhaps I'm just an optimist!
    Yes, that sounds better.
    Last edited by Jack; 02-06-2011 at 09:53 PM.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so much easier for those of us who've had Wegs for awhile to figure out what we have to report right away. In my early days I reported everything because my body was going nuts, and also because everything turned out to be a major problem (eg uncountable numbers of leg and lung clots the first month). My early docs ignored me, which made me even more paranoid about watching every little symptom. I was the only one watching out for me. I've been treated by Dr Seo for more than 2 years now, and I'm just starting to relax and be willing to take a wait and see approach on new symptoms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's my issue...I'm a bit paranoid, everything's been pretty unstable for me health-wise the last couple years. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Psyborg. It's easy to become a bit paranoid with this lousy disease, we all know.
    Hope your situation will become more stable, and you won't be getting new, odd symptoms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same way, I feel like I am always scared or worried about something, especially every new little symptom that I get. I think I am so in tune to my body that I get scared with any new pain or whatever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto! It's very easy to become that way. Before Wegs I was in tune with my body and knew what to do with any imbalances I sensed, so I never felt helpless or lost. Now it's like I have a Martian's body and I'm trying to figure out how it works and what it needs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123