Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rituximab Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi my name is patricia, I have had WG for 11yrs now. And yes to your question about rituxin, this is my 7th yr doing the treatment i do it only 2times a year. Two weeks apart then im good until the next yrear. And yes you are susceptible to everything so be really careful out there. And I dont know about the JCV- but I will ask my rheumy when I see him next month to schedule for my Rituxin treatment in march. Im glad that you finally found out what was happening with you. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear that keeps you in remission Patricia, do you take any other medicines for WG? Any side effects?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Patricia, nice to meet you. You said you do rtx twice a year. You mean 2 infusions once a year? If so, that's really good that it keeps you in remission. What kinds of involvement have you had?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Patricia,

Wow I think your the only person I know who's had this drug the longest - maybe you were one of the first.

Does your dr do any tests prior to giving you the Rituxan or do you just take it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same questions. Also, why do they keep re-treating you? What I mean is, do you start to have symptoms of active disease as the rtx wears off, or are they doing it "just in case?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Patricia - Another question to add to those above! Having had the Rituximab, what other meds are you on in the interim?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I am anxious for answers to all of the above....glad to have you with us Patricia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question regarding the JC Virus or develping PML, does it make you more susceptible to get it the more "rounds" of Rituxan or can anybody get it at any time after Rituxan? Can you get it from Cytoxin as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MARTA GOOD TO HEAR, I AS WELL HAD AN AMZING EXPIERIENCE WITH A new ruem. good luck and thinking of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I have a question regarding the JC Virus or develping PML, does it make you more susceptible to get it the more "rounds" of Rituxan or can anybody get it at any time after Rituxan? Can you get it from Cytoxin as well?
    PML can occur with anyone who is immune-compromised. Repeated rounds of rtx means you'd be immune-compromised for a longer period of time, which raises the odds of activating the virus. Same with any of our drugs. However, I've only seen the specific warnings for PML on cellcept and rtx. It might be because they're newer and name-brand drugs. Good question for a Wegs doc!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast